(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: March race

Re: March race 9 years, 1 month ago #19169

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
It didn't seem like there was much interest so I signed up For hpde instead. I'm also planning on going to Buttonwillow in April instead of thunderhill. Anyone want to join me?

Re: March race 9 years, 1 month ago #19170

• ioport
  • Comp School
What is the advantage of HPDE? You will be thrown in with a bunch of unknown drivers and the track time will not be clean. Yes, you get 10 extra minutes of track time, but group 4 gets thrown in with TT for the last two sessions. I think they hold group 4 back and let TT on track for a lap, so there goes your 10 extra minutes. I encourage you to transfer to 944Spec. Even if no one else makes it out there, you and Ken can have a good time!
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies

Re: March race 9 years, 1 month ago #19171

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
You could run in PTE and be competitive if looking for a group to run with given too few 944's.

Re: March race 9 years, 1 month ago #19172

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
You're right Ken, I'd much rather be racing but when nobody replied about going I cdecided to do HPDE for testing as well as just fun. The problem with HPDE is, or at least was last time I ran with them is the different skill and commitment levels. Quite often guys with fast street cars overestimate their driving skill and move up and end up being rolling chicanes in the corners but stand on it down the straights. It's always the Corvette drivers that are the biggest problem, in fact every Corvette owner I've ever known is a A--hole who thinks he can drive . Who would buy a chevy, especially one made out of plastic?!

I plan on testing rear track widths. I'm currently not at the max limit and ordered longer studs and spacers to see if that makes a difference and if it rubs or not. Plus I want to try no rear swaybar at all and try the stock bar to see what happens. HPDE is the perfect time to try these things.

I've also committed to giving rides, first to the wife so she can see what Sonoma is like and why I wake up in a cold sweat screaming"turn 10 flat!!". I also promised a ride to the guy who helped put a newfront clip on the car after Aubie and I tried to occupy the same spot on the track at the same time plus there are a couple of guys who are interested in racing with us that I've invited along to show them what our cars can do.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds