NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/

TOPIC: Buttonwillow - October - Going?

Re: Buttonwillow - October - Going? 6 years, 6 months ago #21881

Wow that's amazing you even finished nationals like that

Re: Buttonwillow - October - Going? 6 years, 6 months ago #21882

• JDeLira
  • Junior Racer
The racing driver excuses are strong with this post! Here are mine: I haven’t driven since June, I’m running old tires, and Piccolo ate my track map with notes...

Re: Buttonwillow - October - Going? 6 years, 6 months ago #21883

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Dang! I hate when the household pet eats the homework. Next time just put it on your phone and hope the battery does not die or the next upgrade deletes it

Re: Buttonwillow - October - Going? 6 years, 6 months ago #21884

Oh. I can see you're going for a podium position on the excuse Olympics.

Re: Buttonwillow - October - Going? 6 years, 6 months ago #21891

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Tom Dragoun has come to me with several proposed rules changes for 2018. There are some that involve performance of the car. The idea is to try and generate some new excitement to the class. Other suggestions are to make maintenance easier and breakdowns fewer.

Tom D. will be handing out a complete list of his suggestions and their cost. To help with this process all the proposed performance changes will be installed on my car. The idea is for me to run the car Saturday with the changes for warmup, qualifying and the race. Regardless of how I finish I will be automatically DQed for the race. This is fine with me.

For the Sunday race the plan would be for me to revert the car back to the comply with the current set of rules and race. I am willing to change this as well and run the car with the proposed changes as well again just taking an automatic DQ. I was thinking that for day two if the car remained in the proposed spec configuration if others wanted to try the car out in warmup, and the qualifying race on Sunday that is fine. If enough people want to drive the car then maybe the Sunday race as well with drivers splitting time in the car for the Sunday race.

Hopefully enough people will be attending this weekend so we can have a useful discussion about these changes. Tom has outlined them to me and from my standpoint I am on board with his proposal, but that was probably obvious given that I am setting the car up to demonstrate these proposed changes to the rules.

Re: Buttonwillow - October - Going? 6 years, 6 months ago #21892

Hey gang, Ryan would like to do a pub crawl. He's providing the kegs and we should bring food for about 30 people or so. It would include Honda challenge and SE30 and one other group. HC is bringing Mexican. Can we put something together? Sorry I just got word of this now.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds