Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944 Spec Nationals Highlights
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 944 Spec Nationals Highlights

Re: 944 Spec Nationals Highlights 12 years, 7 months ago #11500

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
I watched Neal's track video - gave me goosebumps. What a race!
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by GT944.
The topic has been locked.

Re: 944 Spec Nationals Highlights 12 years, 7 months ago #11504

Nice Guys.

Congratulations Tyler. Different champion in each of the last 4 years at nationals.

2008 - Eric Kuhns
2009 - Charlie Buzzetti
2010 - David Dirks
2011 - Tyler Palmer

Tough conditions with all the rain so I will forgive the lack of resetting a track record.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: 944 Spec Nationals Highlights 12 years, 7 months ago #11506

• many944s
  • Junior Racer
Everyone here at Bennington Motorsports would like to congratulate all the drivers on their performance at Nationals! It certainly wasn't an easy week for anyone, but we truely enjoyed meeting all the drivers from other regions. It's the upbeat attitude of all these drivers, their families & support crews that makes NASA a great group to work with!

I want to personally thank & commend the drivers in & near the BENMS compound for the risky last minute decision to swap all the cars over to rain tires. It was 7 cars & 12.5 minutes of agony for us, but when the sky opened and began to POUR, we were just as relieved as the drivers knowing the right decision was made!

To all the out of region drivers we had the pleasure of meeting:
If you are ever here in the midwest and need ANYTHING, you guys know where to find us! Hopefully our travels will take us to locations near you guys so we can drop in and say hi!

Although the Nationals experience was a trying one, and we are still recovering from the exhaustion of the week, not to mention the haul home, I am already loking forward to next year! We will be doing our best to come up with ideas that will make the BENMS paddock even more welcoming and usefull for all Spec drivers in attendance!

Hopefully next year we will have more than 3 days back at the shop following Nationals to prep for our next race weekend. Unfortunately, this year that just isn't the case. So to all of our Midwest drivers... I'll see you in a couple days!

Thanks again to everyone who made this past week such a great experience!

-Nick Miller
& the crew of Bennington Motorsports.

Re: 944 Spec Nationals Highlights 12 years, 7 months ago #11508

Yes, you guys may have a future as a Nascar pit crew!

I'd also like to thank Nick for both help in tearing down the motor in tech, and putting my motor back together after the tear down. I'm sure he would have rather been back on the road, rather than spinning wrenches after the weekend was "done". The car will be in a 4.5 hour enduro Friday!

It is a credit to you guys, that all the cars entered were running to start the championship race!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 944 Spec Nationals Highlights 12 years, 7 months ago #11509

Moved this to the post below with the front view.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: 944 Spec Nationals Highlights 12 years, 7 months ago #11510

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Congrtulations to Tyler, Eric and Neal for a hard fought race. Congratulations to all the 944Spec competitors at Nationals. It is a great event to be a part of regardless of finishing position.
Good job to all drivers for avoiding the carnage that racing in the rain can create.
The SpeedcastTV webcast missed all the excitement of Neals charge through the field and Erics spin and charge. They spent most of the webcast on SpecE30 but that was a great race as well.
Cant it to see all the footage.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion