Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

why are Fuchs not allowed?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: why are Fuchs not allowed?

Re:why are Fuchs not allowed? 15 years, 1 month ago #3936

Fuchs and LSDs are two seperate issues. The rules for these date back to 2002 and both were things that were discussed and agreed on back in those days.

I can give you the long history on both topics, but I will spare you all the borign details. Chuck & Eric have covered the major issues.

Now having driven for years with an open diff and won races and taken track records I can say with confidence you can still race and have fun win an open diff. It may not be ideal, but a solid driver will be fast with an open diff than a poor driver with an LSD.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:why are Fuchs not allowed? 15 years, 1 month ago #3938

Gary_44 wrote:
I wouldn't suggest removing LSD's, that would be a mess.

But, has anyone ever considered allowing Fuchs for cars without LSD? Maybe a slight equalizer?

From what I'm finding, the cookies/pd's aren't as easy to come by as maybe they once were. I've been trying to trade my Fuchs for cookies, and the only offers I have are almost straight across trades. Also, I've seen a few cars with blown engines for pretty cheap, $300-600 that I might have bought for spares and the wheels, but I passed because they had Fuchs.

Have you tried just outright selling the Fuchs? Not trading?
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion

Re:why are Fuchs not allowed? 15 years, 1 month ago #3943

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
I tried the easy way first.
I'll take the advise from those that have been there, done that and polish and sell them instead. It's just a hassle to deal with shipping, paypal, etc.

I'll stop stirring things up on this subject, rules are rules for a reason.

But, has anyone considered allowing a short shift if you don't have a short fifth? just kidding.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:why are Fuchs not allowed? 15 years, 1 month ago #3944

Gary_44 wrote:

But, has anyone considered allowing a short shift if you don't have a short fifth? just kidding.

lol
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion

Re:why are Fuchs not allowed? 15 years, 1 month ago #3946

Gary_44
I don't see it as "stirring the pot" these are good questions . As a person in leadership it's my job to inform all of the newer drivers on why we do it that way. Along the way we will make changes to the rules.

The LSD ... David Dirks has 2 championships in a row and he does not have a LSD. THAT said if we could get rid of LSD's we WOULD .

keep the input coming.

Re:why are Fuchs not allowed? 15 years, 1 month ago #3954

In my experience the Fuchs wheel is very rare and is very pricey, not to mention the added weight benefits. I don't think that this wheel should be allowed for the three traits I listed ($,Rarity, and weight). I have been able to find tons of phone dials for about 25-50 dollars a piece.

As far as not being able to sell them goes - it seems like your selling in the wrong place. Try PCA google groups, rennlist, pelican parts, POC mag, local PCA mag.

As for the LSD debate - It seems as though a few people are winning without them.... so it is not a neccesary item to win a race. Until it gives an unfair advantage to those who have them dont change the rule.
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds