Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend?

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 6 months ago #2534

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
you mean you don't loosen BOTH? So you loosen the small one and just let the trailing arm drop? Then what? just lower the car onto it? then tighten it?
Those nuts are ON THERE! Sledge hammer, eh?

I notice an improvement in handling with the 400# in front....but haven't taken it on a track yet. I drive Hwy 17 daily with it...and LOVE it. I have a 18mm sway bar and Konis on the stiffest setting in the rear. Until I lower the rear via torsion bars, it's "hot rodding" a bit...I lowered the front a lot. We'll see this weekend how it drives, if I can get a spot.
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 6 months ago #2535

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I do loosen both of them. The small one locks the spring plate into its position so it won't move. The big one is the ecentric and actually does the adjusting. I loosen it in order to turn it. I put a floor jack on the end to control the drop and to make adjusting with the ecentric easier. I use an impact wrench on both nuts for loosening and tighting them.

Prior to doing that, you might want to mark the current top and bottom of the spring plate so you know how much you adjust it. That also allows you to put it back if you need to. I clean mine up and spray them with black paint, let it dry and scribe top and bottom and I am set.

Depending on where you are in the travel, the spring plate can adjust almost an inch. Of course, you may not get that much down unless it was set at the top to start with. For more than it will give you, you get to re-index the torsion bars.

I cut holes in the body to allow removal of the torsion bars without dropping the rear end although when you redo them once, you shouldn't need to touch them again.

Good luck.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 6 months ago #2540

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 6 months ago #2551

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
So how many 944 Spec guys are going to be at Infineon this weekend? Sid, Ken, Greg? Steve? Is there going to be a 944 compound in the paddock?
I called Dave Ho today and got a spot in HPDE for Sunday. Jove will be doing both days. I'm going to come Saturday to just hang out.

And will anyone be able to help me try to loosen those dang nuts on the spring plates at the track? I really need to lower the rear end a bit
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 6 months ago #2555

• bay924s
  • Comp School
Jump07 wrote:
So how many 944 Spec guys are going to be at Infineon this weekend? Sid, Ken, Greg? Steve? Is there going to be a 944 compound in the paddock?

I'm not going to make it...Looks like Sid and Greg?

Steve
Steve Huey
Norcal #106 and sometimes #95 1/2

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 6 months ago #2566

Since nobody else is going, I am going to pass too. I already finished 12 races so I'll see everyone next season in February.

For those who are going, have fun and be safe. Hopefully you can finish before the rain comes in tomorrow afternoon.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds