NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Thunderhill with Lotus Club 7/14/2009

Re:Thunderhill with Lotus Club 7/14/2009 14 years, 9 months ago #5181

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Cameron,

Welcome!
Our next event is on Aug. 22-23 at Thunderhill, after that it will be our feature CASH prize race at Infineon Oct. 24-25.
There might be a tech seminar before the Infineon event. I'll keep you posted.
It's what the other guys already said. 944-Spec is a very friendly class for veterans and rookies alike. There's not much you can do to these cars other than reducing the weight and installing the relatively low cost spec suspension.
There is a Driving Concepts "Racing/Competition License School" at Buttonwillow Oct. 10-11. This is a great school and upon completion you can be eligible for a NASA provisional racing license.
I'll sent you my email and phone number. Please feel free to contact me if there are any specific questions regarding the cars or class.

Good luck on racing endeavor!
--Ken

Re:Thunderhill with Lotus Club 7/14/2009 14 years, 9 months ago #5212

Hi guys! Just thought I'd update you guys on what happened to my car. I finally managed to find time to pull the head and everything, and found out that the head gasket is okay.

It turned out two cylinder walls were scraped up by the piston. They weren't even adjacent walls (#2 and #4). I haven't done a full autopsy to determine what would destroy two cylinder walls -- but this is the end of the road for this 968 powered-944:

Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds