Llihrednuht results
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Llihrednuht results

Re:Llihrednuht results 13 years, 11 months ago #7550

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
I agree with Steve that posting those pictures would be too painful.

I updated the track records.
Congrats Sid on the lap record for Llihrednuht.

I'll update the results and standing soon.
I don't think there are any issues showing Greg took 2nd on Saturday?

Having a transponder come off is one thing but being able to find it in 3 miles of track is amazing!

The results on the 944-Spec site are relative to the 944-Spec leader and not the overall leader so sorry Steve it won't show them as one lap down.
--Ken

Re:Llihrednuht results 13 years, 11 months ago #7551

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
Quite a dramatic weekend to be sure. I'm glad Greg and Jerry walked away unscathed. I'm glad I made it up. Thanks Sid for grilling...and thanks Steve for letting me sleep in 'the barn'.
I had a frustrating Sunday afternoon lead-follow with an instructor who was following me and evaluating me to bump into level 3. He said I drove great, but failed me, solely because I gave a point-by to a car in a 'no pass zone'. I don't have much experience with 'no pass zones'. After four 24 Hours of LeMons races and multiple track days with GGLC and NorCal Racing...my experience is with 'open passing' and point-by anywhere. I don't 'do' no-pass zones. LOL. I have decided I'm done with NASA HPDEs. I'm over qualified for them. I have more racing experience than most of the HPDE folks. It seems like none of the 944-Spec racers did much HPDE 1 and 2 and even 3. I'm wasting $$ and not learning anything. I am focused on getting my comp license through Driving Concepts this year. In the meantime I will do track days with other groups. NorCal at Laguna in Sept! Only $199.
I'll be right there with y'all next season
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Llihrednuht results 13 years, 11 months ago #7553

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
At some point we may want to post the pictures as they are a real demonstration of how well built the 944 is. I was at full throttle over the crest (As Greg had instructed me ! <grin> )and hit square on almost immediatley I cleared the crest. The front of the car was pushed back to the engine (The fan's were what was preventing the engine from turning over). The damage is all forward of the shock tower and I don't see any structural issues.

(To get the car off the trailer and be able to steer it at Arts' I chained the front of the wheel well to my fence post at home and pulled the trailer away from the fence)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Last Edit: 13 years, 11 months ago by JerryW. Reason: spilling

Re:Llihrednuht results 13 years, 11 months ago #7554

Jerry,

I've been there, done that. Mine was with a wall at Summit Point, head on at about 80 MPH with no tires for padding.

My car wasn't as lucky as yours. The collision pushed the engine back a couple of inches, broke a motor mount, and broke the transmission mount. That chassis was retired.

I walked away without injury.

These cars and all the safety gear we wear may just save your life out there.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get the car done for Infineon.

Re:Llihrednuht results 13 years, 11 months ago #7558

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
The results and season points has been updated in the Results and Standings page
--Ken

Re:Llihrednuht results 13 years, 11 months ago #7561

Thanks for the updates Ken. I set the record for Thunderhill backwards with Bypass. Greg still holds the record for Thunderhill backwards going over the top. Please make adjustments. Thanks.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds