Who's racing in February?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Who's racing in February?

Re: Who's racing in February? 13 years, 2 months ago #9568

Sounds good. See you there.

Re: Who's racing in February? 13 years, 2 months ago #9569

Sorry guys. I won't be there. Going to Roseville with my son for his tennis tournament. Didn't get my car tech inspected yet either. I'm lagging this year. Got to get off my lazy butt and get my act together. Should be a very fast track so let's see if Steve can set a new track record.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re: Who's racing in February? 13 years, 2 months ago #9585

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
go get that 1:55 steve!
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re: Who's racing in February? 13 years, 2 months ago #9586

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I'm just going to put a tow strap on the back of Steve's car and do a lead follow
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Who's racing in February? 13 years, 2 months ago #9589

Too much pressure

Re: Who's racing in February? 13 years, 2 months ago #9622

First off, you all missed a beautiful weekend. It was near 70 and clear both days.

The pressure got to me

I proceeded to stuff my car into the tire wall on the outside of turn 2 on the second lap of Sat warm up. I came up the hill only moderately fast and when I went to the brakes, they were SOFT. I pumped as fast as I could and got some pedal just as I went to the grass. The grass was wet and that was that - I had no steering or brakes at that point and hit my LF bumper/fender in the wall. The result was the nose of the car shifted about 8" to the right from the strut towers forward.

Once the tow truck dropped me in the pits, I got to work with Jerry's help. The only functional damage was a severely bent LF control arm. Everything else was sheetmetal and the frame rails ahead of the strut towers. We got the control arm replaced with a spare I had and clearanced around the wheel with big hammers. With the car on the ground, I used my truck and a big strap to pull out the bent frame rails (pretty much).

After some ugly body work, she was ready to run but I didn't have time to connect the front sway bar so I was running a full stiff rear bar and no front....and my alignment was screwed. Still I made the race.

Long story short, the car held together except that I fogot to put gas in it with the commotion and I ran out of gas on the last lap. Jerry had me anyway and earned his victory.

Today, I connected the sway bar and tuned the alignment in from ridiculous to close enough and was able to pull off the win.

I'll have to post a picture. The car is looking a little rough!

Thanks again to Jerry for all the help!!!
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds