Your Car, Our Tracks

justtrackit.net/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mid South's first 944 Spec in it's first race

Re: Mid South's first 944 Spec in it's first race 11 years, 5 months ago #14666

• Steve_M
  • Drivers Ed
Sterling Doc wrote:
On the video, your lines are pretty good. You could really use a short 5th there. As you get more used to the car, and dial in the suspension, you'll find you can carry more corner entry speed, and slip angle to go faster!

-Eric

Thanks Eric,

By the Aussie Pursuit race on Sunday, I was putting it into the corners quite a bit faster, unfortunately, my camera battery died early in the race and I don't have video of it. I knocked 2.5 seconds off my times between the first session on Saturday and the race on Sunday. I was beginning to figure it out. Now with the suspension, it will be much better.

Re: Mid South's first 944 Spec in it's first race 11 years, 5 months ago #14698

Way to go Steve!
Shawn Taylor
Regional Director
NASA Mid South

Re: Mid South's first 944 Spec in it's first race 11 years, 2 months ago #15367

I hate to have to report this but Steve passed away in December. At our first event of the year last weekend, we had a nice memorial for him with his family present.

We bought the car from the family and plan to keep it in the region.

I normally drive an American Iron Mustang but after the first Saturday race, I experienced brake issues that could not be fixed before our normal Sunday race at Memphis which is an Aussie Pursuit race. I decided to drive Steve's car in the race and in honor of Steve, drove the race of my life and won the race. I thought it was a fitting tribute to him. Our other new 944 Spec rookie racer, Pat Magruder, finished 3rd.
Shawn Taylor
Regional Director
NASA Mid South
  • Page:
Moderators: early70scamaros, FDJeremy
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds