Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden

Re:New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden 14 years, 7 months ago #5669

dmdirks wrote:
Someone offered me a camera for the main race, but since SpeedcastTV said they were putting one in my car I turned it down. And of course Speedcast ran out of time to install it...

yeah that really sucked. Not sure why they could not plan it out better. Heck all the guys were with in 50 feet of each other so no need to run alway the way around the paddock.

I also have write up. However unlike my standard Az stuff it is very personal torward my run up to the even and the even itself. It is also some 2600 words so I will need to cut it down some. I thought about a general write up, but figured it would be impossible to capture all the of the stories of the event.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 14 years, 7 months ago by joepaluch.
The topic has been locked.

Re:New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden 14 years, 7 months ago #5670

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Even if it is a personal story - Please post it up, and I'd encourage EVEYONE who was at Nationals to do a little write up. I watched the race on the computer and was beating myself up that I wasn't there. As soon as the race finished I told my wife we were starting to save for next year - Going to make every effort not to miss it.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden 14 years, 7 months ago #5671

I would like for you all to see my in car cam more than you know, I just don't think that it can be done, (sorry Dave)speedcast tv hired Trivinci Systems to place cameras in cars for there DVD coming out tomorrow 9/22 on speedcasttv.com, I asked the guy installing the camera in my car if I could down load it to my lap top and the guy did me a favor and did it. For me to watch it I had to down load VLC media player, so a few of us watched it on my computer at the track, but I can't down load it to the forum, I just went out and got recordable DVD's and tried to down load onto it and that isn't working either. I will get a computer expert to check it out to see if it can be done.

Although I am embarassed by my driving, I am really happy with the footage, I can appreciate what Joe was saying about staying focused etc...I wanted a good race that everybody would enjoy watching and being in the lead was not good racing for me or the camera, so I was pumped when Joe, Charlie, Jim and David all passed me, cause the race was on at that point and there is some good stuff on the video, it's just that I had a vision of it ending differently and no matter how many times I watch the video, it doesn't change!!!! I was a few feet behind the 3 wide pass taking Charlie from 3rd to 1st, it was soooo cool, kinda like a football play when a hole opens up and the guy with the ball runs it down the middle, or the side in this case.

Thanks Jim Foxx for getting out of the way on one of my side way manouvers, could have been ugly. Of course both cars are gold so it may not have been that noticable,hmmm, maybe we did hit??? They had a camera on me as well, it was interesting after all of these years of driving side ways to see what the steering wheel does, not what you want to see in a race, but it's entertainment! More than the lack of focus, I found that the lack of seat time allowed for so many mistakes, since last MMP race 15 months ago, I have had 4 weekends of racing, so I got better than I deserved with a podium.

From a racing stand point, this was one the most competetive race weeks that I have had, usually you have 2 or 3 to race with if your lucky, this race week had a good 10 or so that could have won and were feirce competitors.

Thanks again to all drivers that made it happen with almost no contact!
Norman #99

Re:New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden 14 years, 7 months ago #5674

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Hey Norm... I was able to get your video converted to a WMV, so it should easily play on most computers. I don't know if they care about us posting it on our website or not, so I didn't list this in our public directory, but here's a direct link to it: www.rm944.com/events/2009-09-10_12 Mille...amden - Sat Race.wmv

I also put a few other individual videos up here: http://www.rm944.com/events/2009-09-10_12 Miller Nationals/

More video and a nicer index page to come...
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 14 years, 7 months ago by Weston.

Re:New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden 14 years, 7 months ago #5678

• dmdirks
Woo Hoo! That was great. Thanks Weston!
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re:New Track Record at Miller for Norm Hamden 14 years, 7 months ago #5683

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks Norm and Weston. Great video of how the fast guys ran. I'm amazed...they make mistakes too! The 3 wide pass in the attitudes looked even more awesome from Norm's car. Norm, you looked way to comfortable, great driving though.
Wish Sean had video...everyone could have watched the drifting competition in mid pack.
Lee
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds