Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

1987 Build in Charlotte N.C.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12470

Battery disconnect.

one set to the main power. The extra set should shut off the DME wire. This is one of the red/blue stripe wires that go to the battery on the main termainal.

No need to do anything to the coil wires as one the DME is cut there is no signal to spark.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12474

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Thank you,

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12491

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Finally a dash i can be proud of....
Local Nascar guy here built me this dash. Same guy that did the cage. Really nice guy and very talented. $35/hour. PM me if you want his details.
Attachments:

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12492

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
Looks great!
How do the gauges look from the seat?
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12496

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
I was worried at first about being able to see all the gauges. The steering wheel does cover the very top of the tach. Not a big deal cause i can rotate it easily. But the small second from the left gauge gets covered. And is hard to see. So that's the fuel gauge. All the other are easily seen, Switches are easy to get to. Not shown in these pics is the shift light. Thats sitting right on top of the small gauge next to the tach. more pics to follow.
It's wedged into the gap between the windshield and car. Held in place by some hose clamps. It's very sturdy and won't rattle or shake. I painted the underneath white to increase visibility.
Hope to have the wiring finished tomorrow and i will take the car for a spin. One of my non-negotiable goal was to keep the car street legal. So all lights blinkers horn will still work. At least that's my goal tomorrow. Stay tuned......Not that i will be using the car but to do an autocross or two and tail of the dragon this spring.....

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 4 months ago #12511

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Have two weeks off so my time was spent in the garage rather than Ibiza.
But either one is a celebration in freedom right?

Got the dash and gauges all wired. All went smooth but the water temp gauge is causing me some grief. Showing pegged at 250, then now won't go above 150. WTF???
Really simple to hook up. Difficult to get it to work right, i guess. Filled the car with anti freeze for the cooler temps, borrowed the pressure tool from O'reillys. Got the air out but something isn't right. Think i will just leave the car alone for a day or two.

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

Have a new sparco pro 2000 seat installed, I have the stock sparco aluminum seat brackets mounted up to the porsche factory seat sliders. Works great. Might be sitting a little high but can only go down about 1 cm. I'm only 5'10" (and shrinking) so should be fine.
Still need to order some 6pt belts and fire system. And install window nets.
Have all the lights working and I don't know why but i used the power wire for the blinkers to power up the reverse lights. When i back up they blink. Think it's kinda funny. Will leave it like that.
Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by seafeye.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds