• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
944Racer72 wrote:
M18 X 1.5.

Here's what I used from ISSPRO.com to adapt to 1/8 NPT:

Product ID: R7965
Product Name: R7965
R7965 ADAPTER M18 X 1.5 X 1/8 NPT

Or you could use the Lindsey T which allows you to keep your stock pressure sender if you need it:

www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/944OILADAPT.html

Are you sure it's m18? Just want to make double sure. Autometer only sells up to m16 for the adapter.
The R7965 looks good. The $15 shipping is a killer. appreciate it nevertheless.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 3 months ago #12543

I seem to remember having trouble finding one as well.

I found the part info from the email where I ordered it and it is currently installed on my car so I'm 99.9% certain.

Here's a link that backs it up (random site found using pressure transducer P/N): wzhsnuo.en.busytrade.com/search.php?sear...-level-sending-units

$15 shipping??? It is tiny and light. Might want to call and see if they will ship USPS or something.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by 944Racer72.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 3 months ago #12546

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Found this......

www.ebay.com/itm/180783055438?ssPageName....l2649#ht_1489wt_986

Also you were bang on with the oil temperature. It does take a bit to warm up. I drove the car for about an hour and all gages seemed to work as they should. Water temp gets to a bit over 200. Something great about keeping the car street legal is that i am not concerned about being pulled over. Great way to iron out some bugs.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by seafeye.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 3 months ago #12548

Even on track, it takes a while for oil to get up to temperature.

The ebay adapter should work as long as the quality is good. Good find!

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 3 months ago #12588

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Got the oil pressure gauge hooked up. I learnt a thing or two and maybe it will help others.
My water temp was either off or full hot. Sometimes it would work. Most often not.
Same for the oil pressure. (Im using Autometer Gauges) WTF?
Well it would seem idiot proof to install these gauges, just 3 wires. Ground, Sender and 12v power. How can you screw up right?
Well the gauge has the 3 connections and you can either use a spade connector or a round connector and use the nut. I was using the space connectors so did away with the nut. Bad idea. The nut and washer are used to make the connection from the spade to the actual insides of the gauge. The instructions really didn't make any mention of this.
So make sure the nuts and washers are on tight or you will not get any current flowing through the gauge. I'm sure you all know this but.....just wanted to say it.
The above oil pressure part i found on ebay was great. Went to O'reillys and got a kit so i can relocate the oil pressure sender. (It won't fit in the stock location). Found a spot below the power steering bottle to mount it. Pictures to follow....

Now on to the window nets and try to get the car to idle properly.....

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 3 months ago #12636

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Found this on ebay from Summit. Made the install for the oil pressure nice and easy. Had a plastic oil line to begin with but because the oil pressure connection is very close to the header i thought it would be best to have a steel line.

www.ebay.com/itm/370581322040?ssPageName....l2649#ht_1435wt_986
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds