Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 6 months ago #14248

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
That's the thing about looks... it's all subjective!

I'd like to see the rule change, but I wouldn't be upset if it stayed as is. I'd just have an ugly headlight situation... and I can live with that.
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 6 months ago #14259

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Firstly my car's not renowned for being pretty.

I'd like to be able to do something like this rather than fab the brackets to go under the covers. I think that for those who are not mechanically inclined and don't have fab skills this would be much easier to do with decently appearing results.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 6 months ago #14262

• danl4444
  • Comp School
Thank you guys for the consideration. I hope you will support the change. You have certainly shown that the headlights can be managed with a stock look. I was figuring the change would be no big deal. That being said I really do think that my team (buddies) have really done a lot in the rocky mountain region to raise the standards of car appearance in RM 944. We bought 5 this year and have completely refurbished 3 of them. We are in the process of completing the other 2 and would prefer to make them legal. We have also had 2 people in RM ask us to make them a set. I suspect there would be more if they can be legal.

Are the aluminum covers better? Matter of opinion. Simple fact is through our efforts we are gaining respect from other race groups and raising likelihood of bringing in recruits from HPDE.

Are they a performance advantage? My guess is the difference is so small there is no way a traqmate is accurate enough to even measure it.

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 6 months ago #14265

JerryW wrote:
Firstly my car's not renowned for being pretty.

I'd like to be able to do something like this rather than fab the brackets to go under the covers. I think that for those who are not mechanically inclined and don't have fab skills this would be much easier to do with decently appearing results.

Jerry it take MORE fab skills to put a new cover on.

My covers are bolted on. I drill 3 holes in the edges of existing cover. Then drill a matching hole in the header. Tent I put screw in there and it is done.

Clean look and done. No fab sklls needed.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 6 months ago #14266

Dan, I did see some nice looking cars out there, and taking some pride in the appearance of the cars does promote the class. You guys did put the cart before the horse here, though! We will consider it as a rule change going forward. I'd like to hear more about how the rest of the guys feel on this.

Next time work on changing the rules first, OK?
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rules Change Request Period is open for 2013 rules 11 years, 6 months ago #14272

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
I agree that the rules should stand as they are. Personally I think that a car with the covers in place look more like the road going version than one with big covers with 10 rivets on each side.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds