Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 6 months ago #14250

The gap from 1st to 2nd was 21.153 seconds per MyLaps. The posted dyno results indicate a 0.5HP difference from 1st to 2nd.

I think Charlie's point is that HP did not make the difference from 1st to 2nd at Nats.

3rd was another ~ 21 seconds behind 2nd. I think Dan is saying that HP was a big player there.

Thrashley wrote:
dpRacing Dan,

Let me help even further. As I read the original post it says 0.5 hp, not 5 hp

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 6 months ago #14251

I haven't dyno'd my current engine since rebuilding it. I'll dyno first then let you know if this is a fair rule

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 6 months ago #14252

944Racer72 wrote:
What was the torque on those numbers? Would any have been DQ'd by the formula?

I can say for certain that both of the cars this year in the 140's would have been slightly over the cap. None of the cars from '07, '08, or '11 (the Mid-O Nationals I was at) would have been affected. At least one car during the Miller years would have been affected (maybe more, not sure).
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 6 months ago #14253

Thank you for the clarification.
Ashley Burt
2011 RM Champion
2012 RM Champion

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 6 months ago #14254

Sterling Doc wrote:
944Racer72 wrote:
What was the torque on those numbers? Would any have been DQ'd by the formula?

I can say for certain that both of the cars this year in the 140's would have been slightly over the cap. None of the cars from '07, '08, or '11 (the Mid-O Nationals I was at) would have been affected. At least one car during the Miller years would have been affected (maybe more, not sure).

Reading b/w the lines, one of those cars must be yours so you are voluntarily decreasing your HP?

Perhaps a sign to all that this is a best attempt at parity.

Re: Dyno Cap for 2013 944 Spec 11 years, 6 months ago #14255

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I can appreciate what we are trying to do and am thankful that I don't have to make a bunch of guys across the country see eye to eye so hats off to Eric for doing what is best for us all. My opinions are based on my desire to see NO NEW RULES so I can concentrate on refining my car and driving in a stable environment. I also base it on what I've seen in other classes where there are perceived performance advantages and methods to correct them. Hopefully this will work out better for us and I probably won't be one affected by it. I doubt this will even come up in our region but I will dyno my car more often now(the race shop I use has a dyno and his rates are reasonable, although not free)and comply as best I can. Where this will affect me is if I'm close to the number I will not venture out of my region for fear of wasting time and money only to not be allowed to compete. If I pull close to what I did previously I will not be making the trip to Miller to race spec 944 but instead switch to GTS or stay home. One less car won't affect much but I will miss the fun and I'm sure the same cars will be up front, minus me of course!!

Thanks for listening and I'll happily go along with the decision but make no mistake, this adds expense to those already on a tight budget and will not affect those who are not.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds