Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rule Change Requests for 2016
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rule Change Requests for 2016

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20238

• Crooks
  • Junior Racer
Why can’t we all just get along? Mike got the class started from nothing in the S.E. he did a great job; he and Brian basically threatened me with great bodily harm if I stayed with my old Dub.
As RD Jason is as good as it gets. He is a tenacious advocate for our class and our drivers as well as “a general all around good guy”.

All kinds of fire retardant high impact foams are readily available and CHEAP.

The way I understand the rule regarding fuel cells it allows filling at the cell fill point. Extending the filler tube would compromise the integrity of the cell.

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20240

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
The way I see the foam in the spare tire well is that if the sanctioning body is ok with it then we should be as well. As long as it's not flammable and doesn't have a big chunk of lead stuck in the middle I'm good with it. NASCAR puts foam in their cars now so it must be a good idea.

It should be made to be removable however, if not at least allow a long screwdriver to be poked thru it to check for contraband. I can't imagine any of the guys I race with cheating but I suppose there might be somebody.

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20242

• Crooks
  • Junior Racer
Yes as long as the foam isn’t heavier than a cool shirt ice chest full of water it should be OK.

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20253

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
JUSTMERACING wrote:
To the person running the SE region and growing the class starting at "0" ,excellent suggestions on how to grow a region. We should all take notes on the ideas used.

WOW. He's even greater than he thinks he is.

Mike,

I am incredibly thankful for everything you did to position me for an easy job. I was able to step into a class which had upward momentum and is in an incredibly better position because of all of your efforts. I am always excited when I hear you are coming down becuase I hope you will be impressed with how the class is doing.

There are two things I keep in mind in everything I do, both military and otherwise: Nothing and nobody is perfect because that means there is no more room for improvement; Always leave something better than you found it.

I hope to see you again in 2016. Maybe at NCM with the rest of the GL/MW region, but hopefully at more SE region races.

-Jason
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20254

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
cbuzzetti wrote:
So I went to Phils tire and looked at the Jongbloed wheel. It is a nice looking wheel but I do not see any available for 944.
Agracer, did you call them to be sure we can get our offsets and monting pattern?

I am asking this question because I am considering running my 944 in GTS again and decided to look for wheels and found that very few wheels are avaiable to fit any 944 vehicles.

Call Phil's Tire Service and ask for more info. I worked directly with Phil and the rep from Jongbloed wheels on developing the proposal listed on the first page. Jongbloed already has the design and can do both offsets in a wheel that weighs about 13.5 pounds. Early/Late at minimum weight design are about .5 pounds different, but both offsets can have enough material added to be 15 pounds if needed. PTS had quoted early spring as avialable date for a Jongbloed wheel which met the 15 pound criteria for our class.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Rule Change Requests for 2016 8 years, 5 months ago #20258

• dpRacing Dan
  • 944 Spec National Director
Charlie, get in touch with me. I have ties to Jongbloed from an old sponsor relationship I had, and have been talking to them directly.
The most recent price quote I got was $175 per rim. Production lead time is 60-90 days- probably the shorter for the small quantity. Shoot me a message or give me a ring.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds