Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: New guy!

Re: New guy! 12 years ago #13043

Just let us know if you need help. We will be there.
Michael Dearstyne
NASA-SE 944Spec "Commander" Retired
2012 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion
2013 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion

Re: New guy! 11 years, 10 months ago #13313

Irb-

What's up with your car? Ready for a trip to the shack?
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: New guy! 11 years, 10 months ago #13314

I think I want the trailer. Can you call me at 864-404-5226 or email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

I can pick it up at your leisure. I am still working on my 944 and this could make the final build possible!!!

Thanks,
Michael

Re: New guy! 11 years, 10 months ago #13400

Well had a big change in financial status, decided to to go back to school. So the 944 build is going to take much more time than originally thought, but that doesnt discourage me, ill just take my time and enjoy the build. The 944 had a pretty bad oil leak and I couldn't tell if it was the oil pan or rear main seal. So I send the oil pan to lindsey racing and have them weld in an additional baffle and and install the oem 944 turbo baffle befire replacing the just oil pan gasket and now she won't idle unless I disconnect the maf sensor. I'm thinking it might be a vacuum leak because I noticed the plastic cam gear cover was partially broken where the hose from the air filter hooks up. However I just plugged the intake side and saw no change (assuming this is a vacuum line). Basically if I hook up the maf sensor it will die unless I give it gas. Any suggestions?
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by Irb Digital.

Re: New guy! 11 years, 10 months ago #13401

The line off the cam cover is not a vacuum line but a suspect you are on the right path. I would look at all the vacuum lines under the intake. These are a common problem and induce a rough/no idle scenerio. If you find a suspected leak spray a little carb cleaner near it. If the motor revs up you have probably found a leak.
Michael Dearstyne
NASA-SE 944Spec "Commander" Retired
2012 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion
2013 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion

Re: New guy! 11 years, 10 months ago #13402

Thanks for the help. It was the one under the flexible arm. I think it was going in half way. It was making quite a whistle too. She's back running, and I'm pretty excited. Only thing is I put the steering rod back on off a tooth or so and my steering wheel is a wee bit off. I'm not going back in there with so I hope I can just adjust the steering wheel
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds