Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: New guy!

Re: New guy! 12 years, 1 month ago #12965

Awesome. I might be interested in the unfinished 83, but I'd have to get some more details about it. I'm still up in the air on visiting Cummins this weekend to meet up with the group.
Thanks again

Re: New guy! 12 years, 1 month ago #12968

How far away are you?
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: New guy! 12 years, 1 month ago #12969

I'm around 6 hours away from atlanta. Coming from the Pensacola Florida area

Re: New guy! 12 years, 1 month ago #12973

I haven't yet found the PM function in this board, but I was hoping to find out what the price of this 83 was. My email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it if you rather discuss there.

Re: New guy! 12 years, 1 month ago #13016

You will find most 944 guys loyal to PCA or 944 cup (most of those guys run GTS). 944 spec is a great idea and should have more participants but you have to get people that are running 944 cup to accept the concept that the car needs to get back to the basics. Even i struggle with that idea.

I have 2 cars that are 944 spec eligible and may have a 3rd. If you are looking to buy a car I would be interested in talking with you (I may have one for sale). Please PM me. THanks

Joey S

Re: New guy! 12 years, 1 month ago #13028

Just to update the thread... I purchased a red '88 that was in very good condition mechanically and looks. I was pretty hellbent on the advantages of the 88 dme, pistons and short 5th. However after having some doubts on spending that much on a car that was destined for the hard life of the track my twisted my arm to make it her first car (she's 16 and just got her license). She's very picky and when I saw how much she liked it when I brought it home I couldn't help but to start her on a path of good taste when it comes to her chariot of choice.

Have no fear I spotted cheaper white 85.5 that appeared to be in excellent condition with 112k on the broken odometer. So I bought this one for track duty, HPDE to start while building to 944 SPEC regs. . The engine and transmission run well and the exterior/interior are in good condition. However after a few days in my garage and some spirited driving I've discovered a serious oil leak coming from the rear of the oil pan. I'm hoping it's the oil pan gasket but I fear it's the rear main seal. Either job is more than I would like to delve into, but after buying 2 cars , spare money is tight. I've begun the process of removing the cross member to get the gasket seal replaced. I still need to separate the swingarms, power steering lines, and motor mounts before I can drop the cross member. I'm going to inspect the rod bearings as its been suggested while the oil pan is out. I just have my fingers crossed that it's not the rear main seal. Or the car is going to be down awhile so I can do the clutch/flywheel and whatever other stuff I should do while all those things are removed. Any suggestions are welcome, as well as donations (lol). All Donations shall be replayed in full (with beer). I do plan on reaping the fruits of a build party very soon.

Edit: I will start a build thread for my adventures
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Irb Digital.
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds