Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: New on the block

Re:New on the block 14 years ago #7250

Sorry I missed your original posts.
Yes, the SE region is new to 944-SPEC, but growing. There are currently 3 cars that have competed in the region, one more in construction (almost complete) and of course...YOU.
I am at all of the NASA-SE events and just give a holla at the all hands meeting if you make it out there and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Next event for us is CMP next weekend, May 1-2.
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion

Re:New on the block 13 years, 7 months ago #8084

• rlw
  • Drivers Ed
update:
Engine about to go back into the car.
Next step is roll cage and brakes.
Work is slow going since I am doing everything myself and it was too dang hot in my garage this summer.
RW

Re:New on the block 13 years, 7 months ago #8085

Take your time, nothing worse than rushing through a build only to have regrets later on.
MICHAEL MADUSKE

Re:New on the block 13 years, 1 month ago #10226

• rlw
  • Drivers Ed
Well, since not much posting in this section, I guess I will post an update. Engine in car, ran strong, but then developed a coolant leak into the oil. Winter hit and work got busy. Put everything on back burner till now. Engine coming back out of car. Not sure exactly what the problem is but suspect head gasket. Also about to rebuild the original 83' engine that came with the car. Thinking of deleting the balance shafts since one seems to not be functioning correctly anyway and has metal shavings in the housing. Anyone running with balance shaft deleted?
RW

Re:New on the block 13 years, 1 month ago #10227

rlw wrote:
Thinking of deleting the balance shafts since one seems to not be functioning correctly anyway and has metal shavings in the housing. Anyone running with balance shaft deleted?
RW

Actually, balance shafts must remain per the rules. Hope that doesn't put a crimp in your plans.
MICHAEL MADUSKE

Re:New on the block 13 years, 1 month ago #10406

• rlw
  • Drivers Ed
Thanks. No crimp in plans. I disassembled the engine and the engine probably in not worth rebuilding away. There is some scoring on two cylinders and one of the balance shafts disintegrated the bearing and would have to be machined to be able to accept a new one. It is pretty messed up. I am not sure if the metal shavings was the cause of the scoring but I am sure pieces of metal took a few trip through the engine. All of this is really not worth the cost to repair compared to the cost of a good used block. I will save the good parts in case ever needed. Now, back to the leaking engine. It is in much better shape. One day this car might actually make it to the track!
RW
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds