Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal.

Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal. 10 years ago #17609

A friend and I are looking to join a race series and 944 looks like a fun way to go. I own 911s, but am new to racing. Have done 20+ track days and looking to get into some racing series that is fun, where I can learn race craft and have good clean fun. Can anyone offer some advice on joining this series. I see it is a small group in Norcal. Is there room for more? Is there interest in the group to have 2 more people join and enjoy the experience?

Would love to hear from anyone in the NorCal group as to what is involved and whether it is a group that welcomes newbies or not.
Thanks
Nathan

Re: Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal. 10 years ago #17612

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Hi Nathan, I am a So Cal guy but occasionally race with Nor Cal. It is a great group of guys who are happy to share what they know and willing to help any and all racers.

Someof them should chime in soon.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal. 10 years ago #17614

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Hi Nathan,

I am still very new to the NorCal group. I have been hanging around with them for just over a season and finally took to the track with them for the first time in October. The rest of the guys are a very welcoming bunch and have been very helpful and encouraging along the way.

They have offered help with my car to make sure it was running whilst I was going through HPDE (which is a very busy day) and even the SoCal guys helped when I was with them getting my license. Once I got my license the help did not stop and they have even given up their warm-up session so I can do lead-follow with them to help get up to speed quicker!

Overall, I guess what I am trying to say is this is a great group and it would be great to have you both come join in the fun!
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal. 10 years ago #17615

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Hey Nathan,

We can always use fresh bodies!Spec 944 is the best way to go racing, especially if you like Porsches. Here in Norcal we usually run with the PRC group, a subset of NASA but all porsches. The rules are designed to keep car contact down but still close racing.

Do you own a car yet? If not the best thing to do is buy a car already built. Building one yourself is fun but not cost effective. Check the forums for cars for sale and maybe try some of the older posts to see if they are sold yet. The 944 is a very solid, reliable car so buying a well used race car is still a safe bet.

Come out to any NASA event and stop by to chat. This next race at Thunderhill doesn't look like we have a lot of guys signed up but I'll be there. Sonoma we should have a full field with guys getting ready for the championship race. Come by have some lunch, meet the people, and check out the cars! If you meet someone named Jim Foxx, beware! If he offers you a ride in his car say no or make sure your life insurance is paid up!

Re: Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal. 10 years ago #17619

Thanks guys for the replies. Sounds like a good group and I have definitely heard that 944 racing is a lot of fun and a lot more cost effective than 911s.

When is the event at Sonoma? I can then arrange to come up and meet some of you.

With regards to cars. I don't have one yet, but have been looking for a few days and found some good possibilities.

Thanks

Nathan

Re: Interested in joining the 944 Group in NorCal. 10 years ago #17620

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
The next event at Sonoma is in June (14th-15th). If you haven't found it yet here is a list of all the events.

www.nasaproracing.com/event

As Ron said Sonoma in June should definitely be a good turn out!
Jason Jane
Norcal
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds