Tech Inspection, Corner Balancing Seminar 2/7/09
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Tech Inspection, Corner Balancing Seminar 2/7/09

Re:Tech Inspection, Corner Balancing Seminar 2/7/0 15 years, 3 months ago #3273

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
sid, i think you've got it backwards. think about your corner weights like a 4 legged stool. think of the two heavy corners as legs on the stool that are too long. we need to make those less long(lower) to even out the weights.

i would start with checking ride height and then picking one corner to raise or lower to balance the weights, then checking the corner scales again.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Tech Inspection, Corner Balancing Seminar 2/7/0 15 years, 3 months ago #3305

For some stupid reason, I always get those mixed up. I remember talking to you about the 4 legged stool and I guess my old age is getting to me because I had another serious brain fart.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Tech Inspection, Corner Balancing Seminar 2/7/0 15 years, 3 months ago #3317

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
we'll take care of it on tech day. i think we can do at least 4-5 cars. I wonder how much faster that'll make you. Looking forward to finding out.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/
Last Edit: 15 years, 3 months ago by rlofgren.

Re:Tech Inspection, Corner Balancing Seminar 2/7/0 15 years, 3 months ago #3405

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Thanks to Rick for a very informative seminar.

It was much more than just a corner balancing seminar as we ended up taking toe measurements, ride height measurements, camber settings, pre-loads and making adjustments along with corner balancing.

We'll have a formal "how-to" write-up soon.

Notice to the new guys that will be changing out to thicker torsion bars, please make sure your rear spring plate ride height adjustment is in a neutral position BEFORE you go thru the effort of changing out and reindexing your torsion bars.
Sid had a ride height at rockers of:
LF: 4 3/4 RF: 4 5/8
LR: 4 7/8 RR: 5 1/8

His optimal corner weight suggest lowering the right rear but there was no adjustment possible at the right rear without reindexing the torsion bar because his spring plate was already at the lowest setting.

We were still able to get a optimal (equal) cross weight by adjusting the front coil-overs but the right thing to do was to lower the rear.

--Ken

Re:Tech Inspection, Corner Balancing Seminar 2/7/09 15 years, 3 months ago #3411

I want to give special thanks to Rick and all the guys for helping me dial in my cars alignment as my left rear camber was at -1.5 and my right rear was at -3. Corner balancing was a little tricky since I was not able to lower my right rear suspension, I had to lower my left front by 2 turns and raise my right front by 4 turns before I had fairly good cross corner balance numbers. Unfortunately my left side of the car sits aproximately 1/4" lower than my right side. Only way to fix this is to remove the torsion bars and reindex them again.

Just don't make fun of me when I am passing you on the track thinking that there must be a really fat guy driving that car.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Last Edit: 15 years, 3 months ago by Litespeeds.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds