Username Password: Remember me

Newbie wannabe: Steering/ or rental
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie wannabe: Steering/ or rental

Re:Newbie wannabe: Steering/ or rental 15 years, 2 months ago #3897

Don't worry about shimming as all cars will start shimming a little on the race track when the tires pick up rubber and get out of balanced when racing/tracking. Just bring the 944 and we will all try and help as much as we can.

Yes the power steering rack is a faster ratio because I have a 1988 944 with power and a 1983 with manual. Personally I like the power steering.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Newbie wannabe: Steering/ or rental 15 years, 2 months ago #3952

• Otimo
  • Drivers Ed
Thanks for the help, see ya manana. Please save me a space. I'll be in a rental this time.
Your advice helped alot, the wheel was out of round so no more shimmy w/straight wheel. I saw Art today but the car has more issues and will take more time. I'll Porsche badge whatever I'll be driving.
Genna [newbie]

Re:Newbie wannabe: Steering/ or rental 15 years, 1 month ago #3969

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Genna,

It was nice meeting you. What were the odds that my good friend Bill Dockery was assigned to you as your instructor. Bill said you did a great job listening and following instructions. Hope you had fun and learn a lot. Good luck in your future HPDE endeavors!

btw- Here's a picture of you in my car for one session of lead/follow.

--Ken

Re:Newbie wannabe: Steering/ or rental 15 years, 1 month ago #3972

Nice meeting you Genna. I am sure you had a blast driving Ken's spec race car. Bet it feels totally different than your stock 944.

See you at the next event in your 944.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Oi, Vei!!! 15 years, 1 month ago #3992

• Otimo
  • Drivers Ed
Not virgin, not yet experienced.
Tahks guys, good to meet you.
Ken thanks for the opportunity to drive the car. I'm hooked. And no, It felt much familiar at the speeds that I drive. Just pint and it goes. I haven't aproached either car's limits. I thought I did but after driving Ken's car
my trainer Bill was saying how easy it is to drive a race car slow. Ego deflation:ohmy: Well I know that I don't know,
but boy what a blast.
See ya[all] soon. Genna
Ken thanks again and for the fotos.

Re:Newbie wannabe: Steering/ or rental 15 years ago #4244

Hi Genna,
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi to us. It was great seeing you at Thunderhill yesterday. Hope you had a great time driving this track. What did you think of Thunderhill compared to Infineon now that you've driven both as a newbie?
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds