Username Password: Remember me

I have a DISEASE! Help Me.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: I have a DISEASE! Help Me.

I have a DISEASE! Help Me. 14 years, 11 months ago #4664

I can't stop looking on Craigslist for good deals on Porsche 944's. Today I bought another car to add to my stable. Got a really clean and well documented 1987 944S with 136K miles with LSD for only $3,300. Car runs strong and the body is probably a 9 out of 10 with a 7 out of 10 interior. Bought it mainly for the LSD as this will probably get transplanted into my 1988 future Spec Car.

Damn, now I have 5 Porsche 944's but 2 of them are parts cars so I guess those don't really count. Maybe I should sell one of my rollers.

1987 944S
1988 944 track car
1983 944 spec race car
1984 944 parts car with no engine
1983 944 parts car with bad #4 cylinder

Please, can somebody unplug me from the internet so I can stop looking for 944's
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:I have a DISEASE! Help Me. 14 years, 11 months ago #4668

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Not sure it's quite intervention time yet. Problem is, the basic 944 is a gateway addiction. Addicts will soon turn it into a racecar, then want more and more 944's (which is madness because the user can only drive one at a time). The person will be in denial and justify his/her obsesssion with things like,"It was such a great deal," or "I'll sell the parts and make a profit," but then he falls in love with it and starts to nurture it, and can't bring himself to let it go. Next thing you know, he finds himself driving a 944 with robot arms on it, and realizes he has hit rock bottom.

No, really...good find!
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:I have a DISEASE! Help Me. 14 years, 11 months ago #4670

• Big Dog
  • Banned
While it is true that you can only drive one at a time, having a spare, fully prepared race car is a necessity, it seems to me.

That way, you can try out two different setups, back to back, and have your spare car in case something breaks while at the track. After all, the NASCAR guys all have backup cars, and we can't be less than those guys.

Time to make the 88 track car another full race spec car, get a motor home, add a stacker trailer and get with the program. With that, you can find a race just about every other weekend within 1,000 miles, or so.

Feed the addiction, starve the family (or something like that).

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:I have a DISEASE! Help Me. 14 years, 11 months ago #4705

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
Hey Sid! I'll give you 6-9 months before you find justification for a 944 TURBO! hahaha:laugh:
Speaking of robot arms....we have a team all registered for the '24 Hours of LeMons' at Buttonwillow in August. We have a veteran 944 LeMons car. We're still thinking up a theme. Is anyone else going to be down there in the cool, chilly weather?
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:I have a DISEASE! Help Me. 14 years, 11 months ago #4710

• fishguy
  • Comp School
I also like Craigslist.
I just picked up an '88 944 in phoenix for $1500.
it was still registered for the street and runs well, so all the components are already tested as working before i dismantle it for parts for my 87 spec 944.

Re:I have a DISEASE! Help Me. 14 years, 11 months ago #4721

Now there is a 1991 944 S2 convertible for only $3,900.
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1207617059.html

Help me please!
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds