(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: My kid has the disease now...

My kid has the disease now... 14 years, 9 months ago #5167

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
I guess it's hereditary. My son just bought a red 944 that look like mine, but he had to one-up Dad and get a Turbo.
He bought it from the Calif Auto Museum, I felt a little like Jay Leno walking through a museum to buy a car.
Look for it at a track near you.

s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo129/automu...current=P1010008.jpg
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:My kid has the disease now... 14 years, 9 months ago #5178

Dang! That is *sharp*!

I don't know why, but I think the 944 looks way better in red than any other Porsche.

Re:My kid has the disease now... 14 years, 9 months ago #5182

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Gary,

Tell me about it!
My son Jonathan also has the bug. He'll be heading to the Driving Concepts school at Buttonwillow Oct. 10-11.
Are you planning to go to this?

btw- great looking 951, congrats to you and your son!
--Ken

Re:My kid has the disease now... 14 years, 9 months ago #5188

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Ken,
I don't know yet about Driving Concepts. Not looking good though. Hospital bills are taking my racing budget for this year. I should have took Ron up on his offer to fix me up with racer's tape.
I'll probably just do a few HPDE days with NASA and NCRC, and finish getting the car prepped.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:My kid has the disease now... 14 years, 9 months ago #5213

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
sheesh...learned a lesson with this deal.
Don't trust e-bay sellers, no matter how reputable they seem.

I dont want to flame anyone so I'll leave out the details, but if you see this car re-listed on ebay by the same seller, email me before you bid.

So, my kid is back in the market for a 944 daily driver.
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:My kid has the disease now... 14 years, 9 months ago #5215

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Gary, I don't know if this helps but my Boxster is still for sale. It's lowered about an inch with 18" Kinesis wheels, in good to great shape. I was going to trade it in but the dealer insulted me with a $6,000 offer. Email me for pics if you want to take a look at it.

I know this will be heresy on the 944 website but the Boxster handles better than the 944. I know people will argue with that but having driven both I can testify to the truth of that statement. 200hp isn't alot but seems to be enough for me.

Ron

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds