(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alignment shop needed.

Alignment shop needed. 14 years, 3 months ago #6669

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Now that I have my suspension dropped and stiffened up, I'm sure the alignment is messed up. Anyone have shop recommendations over here in the valley close to Modesto?

I'd hate to drive it all the way to Autopoint with everything so out of whack, and my trailer isn't available for a while.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Alignment shop needed. 14 years, 3 months ago #6679

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
my car hasn't been to an alignment shop in years. do yourself a favor and buy a set of toe plates and learn to do your own alignment. it might not be as precise as 'lasers' but it get pretty close.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Alignment shop needed. 14 years, 3 months ago #6680

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
It's hard to argue with the champ, and Rick's right, but I did have mine aligned once at Les Schwab tires. I know they aren't your first thought for a performance alignment but they are cheap and get it close enough. We had a little trouble getting on the rack but after that it went well. I'm doing wheel bearings and tie rod ends and will take it to them when I'm done.

I'm also going to be a lifetime customer of theirs because of the good service. They accidently put the wrong size tires on the front of my wife's all wheel drive Volvo which burned up the all wheel drive unit. They acknowledged their mistake and paid for a new one no questions asked!(I think the diameter difference was less than 1/8" which still burned the unit up in 60 miles right after I had done the same thing by replacing just 2 tires. Lesson learned!)

Re:Alignment shop needed. 14 years, 3 months ago #6685

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
rlofgren wrote:
my car hasn't been to an alignment shop in years. do yourself a favor and buy a set of toe plates and learn to do your own alignment. it might not be as precise as 'lasers' but it get pretty close.

I'm too sore and already spent way too much time working on it lately, so I'll just pay a shop this time.

I don't have a Les Schwab here, but I asked the guy who does the NASA HPDE tech here in Modesto. He said he'll do a 4 wheel alignment for $150 and set it to my specs. That seems like a fair price to me, or could I get the same thing at any Joe Schmoe alignment shop that does it for cheaper?
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds