Username Password: Remember me

Willow Springs Recap
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Willow Springs Recap

Willow Springs Recap 9 years, 9 months ago #17936

Five hardy 944 Spec racers ventured into the July heat to tackle Willow Springs. Jim H, Tom A, John N, Jim R and Jeff W from Arizona. Jeff is a very good driver and all around good guy. Like the rest of the Arizona group, Jeff fit right in with the SoCal group.

Saturday's race started with the first 4 positions all on the same qualifying second. Jim H took the lead until a Spec Miata spun out in nine forcing Jim into the dirt to avoid contact. The pack passed him and he had to play catch up. Jim H dogged Jim R for three laps before making a pass. He then caught Tom and John who were battling for the lead. The 3 of them fought it out with several lead changes. I could not catch up and had to watch. It looked like Tom had the race in the bag until his trans popped out to gear to let Jim H and John by. I caught Tom on the last lap and he beat me to the finish by half a car. Jeff was still learning the track as it was his first time at Willow. The finish order was Jim H, John and Tom.

Sunday started with a practice and then an early race. I got a killer start and lead the first half of the race with Jim H on my rear bumper or door. We had a great race. Tom, John and Jeff fought it out behind us. The finishing order was Jim H, Jim R and John.

You can view my Sunday video at www.youtube.com/squidmobile1

For those of you who could not make it, you missed some great racing.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Willow Springs Recap 9 years, 9 months ago #17937

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Out of curiosity what are the 944Spec cars doing for lap times (big willow)?
Old Racer!

Re: Willow Springs Recap 9 years, 9 months ago #17943

We were doing 1:39s in 100 degree heat
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Willow Springs Recap 9 years, 9 months ago #17944

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
sat race:
Put 5 on Grid. And Robert and Raffi even came by for Sat Race to watch. (with their gorgeous 951)
What a fun weekend. Was Hot but not crazy hot. I didn't even plug in the cool suite. Sat had insane battle for lead with lots of change ups and close finish!
Must watch both to end.
youtu.be/qoAf3Q0NtCs

sun race:
youtu.be/BdXGfywZgiY
awesome battle! Richmond drove Great! As usual Capt Squid and I ran alot of 2x2 corners.

Great having Jeff up and he sure came to speed on Sunday with only 2 days on track!

See ya at Laguna Seca Next week!

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: Willow Springs Recap 9 years, 9 months ago #17946

• tcomeau
Pretty close racing, guys. Wish I could have gone.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds