Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Buttonwillow Video
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/

TOPIC: Buttonwillow Video

Buttonwillow Video 9 years, 7 months ago #18267

Thanks to everyone in the group who helped Jim and I with the enduro. You guys are the best.

I posted my Sunday video of Tom punting me in Riverside. youtu.be/qUWX6S_jOD8

Fun weekend, I hope everyone can make it to Sonoma.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Buttonwillow Video 9 years, 6 months ago #18281

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
My Bad Jim.

Re: Buttonwillow Video 9 years, 6 months ago #18352

Not sure there is much to learn from the video. Just looks like a spin. This and You Tube are not great places to just air grievances. Try to keep it constructive, guys.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Buttonwillow Video 9 years, 6 months ago #18364

Eric,

There is no grievance, Tom and I are still friends. When I spun Rafi at Autoclub, I posted my video. The pendulum swings both ways with me.

If you want "Airing of grievances" watch the Fustivus episode on Seinfeld.

We race hard, contact happens and that doesn't mean it should not be posted. I will continue to post what I consider entertaining.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Buttonwillow Video 9 years, 6 months ago #18365

Jim,

I'm not censoring, or deleting this. I'd just prefer there be some constructive aspect of posting crash video up here - something to learn at least. Entertainment is good, but the tone of the You Tube comments seemed a little bitter.

I'm glad you guys had a good time up there, and little damage was done.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Buttonwillow Video 9 years, 6 months ago #18368

A few more things, because this brings up a good opportunity express how I see/expect 944 Spec to be better (not trying to pick on you personally, Jim ).

While contact can happen, it shold always be veiwed as an opportunity for improvement in *both* parties. It may be 90/10, but everyone shold look to what could have been done better differently to make it not happen in the future.

I like to think that this is important to us as a class, so that we differentiate ourselves, and strive to be better, because, dammit, we are the best class to race in out there .

While we had a pretty clean East Coast Nationals - all cars made it to the start of the big race, and no one left with a balled up car (the best record among the major classes there), there was one episode of contact that left significant damage to both cars. Both drivers felt that they were "hit" by the other guy, and were without fault. I forced the issue to have this investigated, as both parties needed to own up to their end, and learn from this. We don't improve as individual racers, or a class, if we write off significant incidents at face value as "racing incidents." There is always something for us, and by example, others to learn when things go wrong. Contact, at most any level short of consensual bump drafting, is a result of some failure. We can always strive to do better, and this makes us better as a class.

Online, it can be tricky to keep things constructive, but I think still valuable.

One last perspective. When I was looking for who to go racing with in 2006, I came here, to find guys like Joe Paluch, Norm Hmaden, and Tim Comaeu seeming like level headed, helpful guys, that were having more fun than other classes I was looking into. It helped me decide to build a 944 Spec, when I was considering a SE30

I know you guys personally out there, and that you guys do have a good gang. Let's make sure the world kows it .
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by Sterling Doc.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds