(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thanks from a new 944 Racer

Thanks from a new 944 Racer 9 years, 2 months ago #19121

• JDeLira
  • Junior Racer
Hello all, Just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful 944 people that Merlynda and I met at Chuckwalla this weekend. I've read a lot of good things over the past few months about how friendly and helpful the 944 crew is and I got to see it first hand this weekend. So big thanks to Norm for helping me find a parking spot in the paddock, thanks to Darren for encouraging me to get the car fixed when my cv joints gave out, thanks to Simon and Dave for working so hard and so long to help swap transmissions and cv joints, more thanks to Simon for his generosity in giving up his spare parts, thanks to everyone else who assisted getting the the transmission back onto the car, thanks to everyone who gave me a push back into the paddock after I got towed in, thanks to Chuck for the fuel, thanks to Jim Richmond and Jim Hicks for the advice, thanks to Ian for pointing out that the other cv joint was broken as well thanks to my comp school classmate Andrea for the encouragement, and of course, thanks to Tim Comeau and his assistant Francisco for working hard up until the very last minute to get the car ready for the weekend. I hope to see all of you at Willow Springs though I probably won't be racing just yet. I still have a lot of little things to do like putting in a kill switch, window net, tow hooks, etc so I'll probably spend that event in HPDE which is OK because this car is new to me and I'm still learning it's limits. I can't wait to start racing wheel to wheel with you guys which is the whole reason why I switched from time trials in the Cayman to 944 Spec. Can't wait for the next event. -Jerry De Lira
The following user(s) said Thank You: reflexr

Re: Thanks from a new 944 Racer 9 years, 2 months ago #19122

Jerry,

Welcome to the group. It doesn't matter which 944 Spec group it is, everyone helps each other.

I found the CV axles I told you about. I am leaving on a trip on the 19th so give me a call so you can pick them up before that.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Thanks from a new 944 Racer 9 years, 2 months ago #19127

Jerry and Merlynda, it was very nice meeting you both and looking forward to many years of racing and hanging out at the track. Congrats on getting your comp license!

Norm #99
Norman #99
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds