Username Password: Remember me

Maintenance Schedule
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Maintenance Schedule

Maintenance Schedule 10 years, 6 months ago #16794

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Everyone, I find out things all the time about our cars. The latest lesson is the need to repack wheel bearings every so often. I looked and do not see a "Maintenance" thread and know that I would like to have one to refer to, from time to time.

I will take the lead in organizing a maintenance thread that could become a sticky if it appears to be helpful to others. I do not know enough to put it together with my own knowledge so there is what I am thinking:

I would like to get several of you to join with me on a "committee" to put some suggestions together.

We will have sections for each system on the car with ideas of when and what seems to be appropriate. Of course there will be various opinions for each item but we can put in ranges that seem appropriate.

To keep this topic from becoming too hard to follow, we will do our work off-line and post it up with updates from time to time.

My e-mail is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Anyone interested in assisting me with putting this together let me know. Those with additions and/or suggestions send them to me and I will organize them to try to make them easy to follow.

Here is a list of areas to get your juices started:
Engine
Oil/filter change frequency (by time or number of race events?)
Belts
Spark plug clean/change
Spark plug wire replacement
Cap and rotor change
Etc, etc.
Fuel system
Fuel filter
Hoses
In tank fuel sock
Brakes
Cooling system
Ignition (is this separate from the engine?)
Suspension
Shocks
Bushings
Wheel bearings
Clutch?

The idea is to break the car down into sections so we can have a great tool to remember our preventive maintenance. Now is the "off season" so this might be helpful especially for newer folks.

Feel free to chime in with ideas and differences of opinion are welcome. This is not my thread. It is intended to be a class resource so your ideas are what will make this more complete.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Maintenance Schedule 10 years, 6 months ago #16799

Good thought. How many of you guys run hour meters? I think it's a good way to keep track of things.

Some of this is budget dependant as well. Do you time things out, or wait for them to break?

My current project is putting together a 944 Spec build book, so my plate is pretty full for this stuff right now, but I hope you can find some help to put this together - should be helpful!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds