Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New kid on the block...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New kid on the block...

New kid on the block... 6 years, 2 months ago #21966

Howdy folks,

I'm a new kid (well old guy) on the block and getting ready to transform an '83 944 to go spec racing. I'm new to the "SPEC" series but not new to racing. I'm sure I'll be asking many "newbie" questions but promise I will try searching the forum for relative information.

That being said, I noticed that a majority of the threads are pretty dated. Is that normal? Is there a more active 944 spec site? Are all the answers already posted somewhere?

Thanks,
Dino
Dino
Camarillo, Ca
1983 944 Spec build in progress
1983 944 Donor/part out
1986 944 automatic donor
The following user(s) said Thank You: reflexr

Re: New kid on the block... 6 years, 2 months ago #21967

First, welcome to the forum, and 944 SPEC!

I think some of the traffic has moved over to other social media sites.

Mid-south tends to use this site more than most of the other regions. There is still a lot of good content in the older posts on this site.

Please put your location in your signature, as that will help others to help you.

Cheers!
#124, 1987 924S Spec racer
1988 Turbo S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vintagercr

Re: New kid on the block... 6 years, 2 months ago #21968

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
Welcome, another SOCAL racer!! If you go to the regional section of the forums, you’ll find southern Cal. It’s active here, with swap meets, and a great information exchange. Welcome again.
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
88 944 Spec- Blue Camouflage- retired
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-

Re: New kid on the block... 6 years, 2 months ago #21969

• code3pro
  • Comp School
  • 2017/2016 NASA Western States Champion
Welcome! The amount of regular postings here ebb and flow, but there is a LOT of great info in various threads as you dig into them. Would also suggest joining the FB groups for the series as they stay pretty fresh.

Re: New kid on the block... 6 years, 2 months ago #21970

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Welcome! Most of the tech info on here is still relevant, as the rules havent changed much over the years, but all of the current discourse is on Facebook via our 944Spec Racer's Group page. You can like our page via the facebook box in the upper left corner of the site, and that will also lead you to our group. If you just want to join our group, here is the link:

www.facebook.com/groups/944Spec/

Many are active on facebook and if you have an issue, you will get a much faster response if you post there.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: New kid on the block... 6 years, 2 months ago #21971

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
Also, if you need anything parts wise, we are building a second car and I think we are relatively close. We’re in Tujunga. I have a great mechanic in Fred. We have tones of parts. Feel free to call. Joey 3233775222
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
88 944 Spec- Blue Camouflage- retired
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds