NASA Mid-South Region

midsouth.drivenasa.com/

Region Sponsored by Just Track It, LLC

Your Car, Our Tracks

justtrackit.net/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spec E30 vs 944 Spec- Aussie Pursuit

Spec E30 vs 944 Spec- Aussie Pursuit 9 years, 4 months ago #18876

During the final weekend of the year for the Mid South, we held our standard Aussie Pursuit Race on Sunday. What made this one even more interesting was that the reigning Spec E30 champ and the 944 champ were running within a tenth of a second during the previous races. This meant that the launch time between the two cars was only 2 seconds.

I had a crap start and he had a strong one. I spent the first two laps catching up but I finally got there and we proceeded to duke it out for the next 23 laps.

The Spec E30 set a new track record for Spec E30 at MIR and I beat that time by a tenth! Go 944! Unfortunately, I flubbed a shift on the last lap while going for the pass into turn 1, flat spotted my tire really bad and couldn't make the pass.

If you're interested, here's the video from start to finish. Fast laps were the last 3.

If you're not first, you're last!

-Abraham Lincoln

2014 944 Spec Regional Champion
2015 944 Spec Regional Champion
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by FDJeremy.

Re: Spec E30 vs 944 Spec- Aussie Pursuit 9 years, 4 months ago #18879

Great race to watch from the sidelines. Can't wait for the next one.

Loved the side by side thru Grant's Tomb at around 18:30. And the tribute to Steve was a great addition.
Shawn Taylor
Regional Director
NASA Mid South
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by early70scamaros.

Re: Spec E30 vs 944 Spec- Aussie Pursuit 9 years, 4 months ago #18889

Great race, Jeremy! Wish I could have been there, can't wait for the April 2015 race there
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
  • Page:
Moderators: early70scamaros, FDJeremy
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds