Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

hanksville challenge
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: hanksville challenge

hanksville challenge 15 years, 11 months ago #1479

What is the Hanksville Challenge Race?

It is named after one of NASA RM's fantastic sponsors, Hanksville Hotrods. www.HanksvilleHotrods.com

It is also known as a chase race, australian persuit and I've also heard it referred to as "a xxxxxxx'in blast to run".

Who is eligible?

Any wheel to wheel race car / driver pair entered for the weekend. You must have raced on Saturday and Sunday as we use your prior times from the weekend to set the grid.

How do I win? What is the catch?

As with most races, you win by crossing the S/F line before anybody else does at the end of the prescribed # of laps.

The catch is that the field is reverse gridded and the cars are released from the pitlane based on their prior times. Slow cars go first, fast cars go last, fast cars try to catch slow cars. The slowest car is often released a full lap ahead of the fastest car.

In theory, if everybody drives the ideal lap time all of the cars will cross the S/F line side by side!!!

Does it really work?

Obviously we can't fit all those cars side by side at the finish, but it is amazing how much the field bunches up at the end.

So I'll just sandbag the entire weekend and then go like a batt out of hell to win. Will this work?

It might depending on how much of a secret breakout time we apply. If you go faster than your breakout time, you are DQ'ed. The breakout time may be 0.001 second, it may be 1.5 seconds, it may be 10 seconds. How lucky do you feel?

So what do I win?

The last winner, Robbie Scranton put his $100 back in the fund so for Miller the winner will get $200 cash. Sweet....

Are there any special instructions?

Grid based on the grid posted. The entire field will be released and will do one single file warm up lap and return to the pitlane. You will be released one by one based on your time. Go chase the leader and pass them!!!
Banner
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds