Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Results....stories?

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 11 months ago #1594

• comatb
  • Junior Racer
I am sorry to have missed such a great event and meeting everyone. But why wait till next year. Come to Mid-Ohio for the Nationals. I'm sure Eric and Ray would like to have 'home field advantage' next time. I look forward to hearing more about Miller.
#211 Eastern Canada, Great Lakes Region
The topic has been locked.

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 11 months ago #1624

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Joe's excellent report is now online.

http://944spec.org/944SPEC/content/view/123/1/
--Ken

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 11 months ago #1640

Results are up on mylaps and on 944 spec.org
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=319560

[img]http://944spec.org/Results-Points/RMRResults2008.htm[/url]

The event was a cross over for Az and Norcal so results are also posted in those areas.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 15 years, 11 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 11 months ago #1648

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
What a great bunch of guys! Fast and clean every one of them. I went side by side through corners during the races at different times with Hamden, Paluch, Dirks, and Foxx. We always gave each other racing room, awesome racing.

Joe Paluch and Todd Imwold: these guys are really fast, pole sunday and pole saturday. how they do it without any horsepower is amazing. watch out for these guys even if they don't have HP though.

Jim Foxx: Fast, fast, faster. Just keep it on the track, man!

Dirks: wow, side by side through 2 on the first lap, you guys go fast there, maybe next year i can figure those corners out.

Norman Hamden: what can i say. the class of the field. humble, smooth, and fast. nice movable aerodynamic device(flipping in the side mirror on the straight). If you can get your wheels all pointed back in the same direction, there will be no catching you.

Rick

p.s. special thanks to the anonymous donor of an almost dead RA1 to replace my left front that was going down during the saturday race(miata debris?). thanks to Bryan of Toyos Only for the quick mount sunday morning before practice.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/
Last Edit: 15 years, 11 months ago by rlofgren.

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 11 months ago #1651

• dmdirks
Rick- don't kid yourself. YOU are FAST, MAN!! I drove the freaking wheels off of my car to keep up with you, Norm, John and the others. I won't forget this race anytime soon.

And you're absolutely right about Norm. I sure hope I'm as good as he is when I grow up.

Wish I could hang out with you CA and AZ guys more often!!
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region
Last Edit: 15 years, 11 months ago by dmdirks.

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 10 months ago #1763

I just remembered my user name and password to sign on to the forum.

Joe, Rick and David D, thanks for the nice words, that is very flattering coming from guys that are as fast as you.

Joe, Sunday morning you were rocking the party on the full course, I think a full second or two faster than me, then being the sport that you are, you coached me through the turns so that I could pick up my pace and ultimatlely got lucky and won the race as a result of your help. Thanks!!!

Rick, where in the heck did you come from? You are wicked fast too, Saturday's race when I had a 5-10 second leed, I knew if I didn't stay that far ahead of you, I would loose big time, sure enough the 24 hour full course yellow (it seemed that long anyway) it was a matter of a lap or two and you whooped me, you really should have more respect for your elders ya know!!! Congrats, you deserved that one.

David D, you amaze me with only 2 years of experience, you are going to be the one to beat before too long, it's lots of fun chasing you knowing your watching your mirror instead of your turn in point and then watching you loose it! I promise, you won't be making that mistake for much longer and you will be extra hard to beet. You mentioned being like me when you grow up, big secret, DON'T GROW UP racing may not be as much fun if you do!

I could go on and on about the different racers I was batteling with over the three days, Jim Foxx,(beeting the track records on both courses but not in a race that counts) Jon Ariano, (Friday's fun race, Jon could not be beeten!) Ray F, Chris, Jim Richmond, Todd, Timee C etc....

To those that couldn't make the haul do to gas or what ever reason, I am sorry to have missed you, Bill "Comat" from Canada, really sorry I didn't get to meet you in person after our conversations about meeting in UT, maybe next year things will be better or I am hoping while in the mid-west I can get a weekend off sometime and see you guys racing around here. Unfortunatly my car is sitting in Sedona with a big dent and a crappy alignment at the moment, so I won't be racing it.

Special thanks to all that helped me out with trying to get my car's alignment fixed as a result of the red neck from hell that thought and still thinks "Dive Bombing" is a good and normal thing to do, (Wow, glad I'm over that one!)

I MIGHT look into renting a car for the National's at Mid Ohio, if somebody knows who has the biggest number of cars, spec or Cup, please let me know, If there is a big difference in size of the groups, I would like to run with the larger group. By then with no track time, I am not counting on any prizes, but it should be fun.

With regards to Miller, Thanks for the memories!!!

PS: If you find yourself in Branson, please look me up, I should be easy to find, I'm the only skinny one around here!!!
Norman #99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds