Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Results....stories?

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 10 months ago #1764

• comatb
  • Junior Racer
Norm, great reading, wish we could have made it. Ernie has cars for rent. You can contact him at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or 905-844-6219. As of July 2nd there are 5 944 Spec cars and 25 944 Cup cars. There were 36 for Hyperfest at Summit Point. I got a 4th and 6th. I would love to meet/race you at Nationals.

Bill
#211 Eastern Canada, Great Lakes Region
The topic has been locked.

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 10 months ago #1766

Norm, you could (and should) supersize and race both Spec & Cup - the extra track time will help you get up to speed faster as well. It'd be great to have the fastest man in 944 Spec at Nationals! I'd also echo that I had a great time at MIller, even though most of it was in a borrowed car with pillows behind me so I could reach the pedals (thanks Ray!).
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 10 months ago #1767

• comatb
  • Junior Racer
Eric is the possibility to run Spec and Cup a reality? Have the classes been separated?

I bet you just want another shot at Norm in your own car and on a familiar track. Count me in!

Bill
#211 Eastern Canada, Great Lakes Region

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 10 months ago #1768

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
looks like cup and spec are both in the same run group. though 2007 nationals, the spec cars were with the GTS cars so you could run both spec and cup. maybe we get the same this year if we ask nicely?

p.s. norm, what are you doing in branson, i thought you live in tucson?
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/
Last Edit: 15 years, 10 months ago by rlofgren.

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 10 months ago #1769

Fastest man in 944-spec? There were faster lap times during the weekend at Miller, but thanks for the unofficial title anyway. It would be fun to run with you guys again, Bill are you racing with spec or cup? Doing both would be a blast!!! If they are in two different run groups I will have to look into what the cost would be, I am really interested in seeing how big of a difference there is in the two cars and would like to have both cars maxed out to there legal limits. By the way,with no seat time between now and then, I should also get a half lap head start!

My home is Sedona, but while in Dubai, I thought that this is so much fun, why haven't I worked in different places before, now there seems to be good opportunities in Branson for the travel industry, I will only be here until I don't want to be here anymore, my home base is Sedona were the economy is sucking at the moment, when it comes back, I will more than likely head back there, until that time I may find my way to Kaui or back to Dubai, The Dubai Autodrome was a blast! Wish I could afford to take my race car to all of these places.
Norman #99

Re:Results....stories? 15 years, 10 months ago #1771

I would hate to see Norm get beat by a faster car and a slower driver...
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds