Seat Belt Harness Attachment Point
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seat Belt Harness Attachment Point

Seat Belt Harness Attachment Point 12 years, 10 months ago #11192

• mug23
  • Drivers Ed
Hello,

I'm in the process of building the 944 for DE and I'm not 100% sure where to attach the 6 point harness especially the lap belts.

I know the sub belt you can bolt it to the floor with a backing plate. What about the lap belts? I can only find one stock seat belt attachment point closes to the door but what about the tranny tunnel area? Where can I attach the lap belt in that area?

If anyone have any pictures of their belt attachment points, that would be great.

Thank you.

Re: Seat Belt Harness Attachment Point 12 years, 10 months ago #11196

There is a reinforcing plate/hoop on the inside of the trans tunnel where some of the chassis stiffening members attach to on the inside of the tunnel This is close to or just behind the level of the outboard lap belt mount. I drill though the middle of that, and then use a large grade 8 washer. It seems significantly stronger than the surrounding sheet metal, and is well located.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Seat Belt Harness Attachment Point 12 years, 10 months ago #11197

• mug23
  • Drivers Ed
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a picture of where the attachment point is at? I'm not fully understand where it is.

Thanks

Re: Seat Belt Harness Attachment Point 12 years, 10 months ago #11200

No pics at this time. Look underneath the car in the center tunnel - you can't see it from the interior.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Seat Belt Harness Attachment Point 12 years, 10 months ago #11202

The early and 924S cars have the stock seat belt mount in the tunnel. I use that on my 84 chassis. The 85.5 and up cars need to drill a hole has Eric described.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds