Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Question regarding 2018 rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question regarding 2018 rules

Question regarding 2018 rules 6 years, 9 months ago #21762

I have heard some rumors that the CCR is going to require specific fog lighting on all race cars. Does anyone know any truth to this? And if it will be required anyone have any thoughts as to how to implement?
NASA SE Grid monkey extrordinaire
'94 Honda Civic RIP
1984 944 work in progress

Re: Question regarding 2018 rules 6 years, 9 months ago #21763

• ioport
  • Comp School
My personal response was "ridiculous", but I thought I would ask the man in charge, Jerry Kunzman. Here is his reply:
"WTF? Unreal.
Rumor has it that Forum trolls with nothing better to do will be abducted by aliens on the 4 day of Sept."

Now, if you want to quote exactly what was told to you (and by whom), maybe I can find some truth to it. For instance, for the past 2 years there has been the requirement for all 25-hours of Thunderhill race cars to have the "JAWS" lighting installed. NASA also changed the endurance lighting rules to limit the mounting areas.

The above rules are not in the CCRs, but they are in the specific rules for those races. Each Region can have their own supplemental rules so you might be talking about a local problem.
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies

Re: Question regarding 2018 rules 6 years, 9 months ago #21764

So you haven't heard anything. You could have just said that instead of being a smart ass.
'94 Honda Civic RIP

Re: Question regarding 2018 rules 6 years, 9 months ago #21765

• ioport
  • Comp School
Perhaps you should read my reply one more time. I am not being a smart ass. Perhaps you meant Jerry Kunzman was being a smart ass, I was just quoting him (with permission). If you have a problem with Jerry, you should address him directly. Don't kill the messenger!

I hadn't heard the rumor, so I asked the owner of NASA. Since the owner of NASA often comes to me for advice on rule changes, I think I would have heard about it if it were true. Saying I hadn't heard anything is not helpful to anyone. Finding out the truth is helpful and that is what I did--I went to the person that writes the CCR.

You said that you had heard rumors--implying more than one source. It is obvious to me that either you misunderstood what was said, or they did (or it is a complete fabrication). There is nothing going into the 2018 CCR regarding fog lights. Period.

--boy, you try to be helpful and you get jumped all over.
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies

Re: Question regarding 2018 rules 6 years, 9 months ago #21766

I did misread your post. I apologize for that. It does appear that I do think Mr. Kunzman was being a smart ass. I don't know him from Adams house cat, but assuming you are correct on who he is (and I see no reason why you would not be honest) then he should certainly know about the rules no matter his flippant attitude.
'94 Honda Civic RIP

Re: Question regarding 2018 rules 6 years, 9 months ago #21767

• Kurt R
  • Comp School
944 cup used to require a rain light, now that they're using PCA rules I don't think it's required any more.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds