Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Another new build is begun ...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Another new build is begun ...

Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 11 months ago #7663

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
and with any luck around a year from now we might even do some shake down laps. 2012 is the first season I expect to run.

DSC_0259.NEF.jpg
'JB'
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by JB3.

Re:Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 11 months ago #7664

• Big Dog
  • Banned
OK, now for some details.

Who?
Where?
Year of car?
Starting weight?
Build plan?

And any other details you would care to share with us.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 11 months ago #7668

Hey Jon,

Glad to see you bringing more Spec cars to the Mid-Atlantic. If/When I end up back East, I'd love to convert more cars.

Cup is great but Spec is just a ton of fun on a level playing field where you know the driver is likely the only loose nut

Re:Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 11 months ago #7669

That's not the 88 that I sold to some fellow Cup regulars a while back is it? Same color scheme.

Re:Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 11 months ago #7682

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
Big Dog wrote:

Who?
Where?
Year of car?
Starting weight?
Build plan?

And any other details you would care to share with us.

Big Dog

Well all right then!

John Brown in Leesburg VA. Mid Atlantic. But I expect to spend some time at least in Atlanta (my son lives there) and wouldn't rule out a trip to Kansas City (miss the BarBQ and Boulevard Beer at Arthur Bryants').

It's an 83 chassis that is already stripped and had to made into a roller again to move. Have no idea the weight.

Because of our location we'll probably actually be running with the 44Cup. But the build is going to be absolutely 944-Spec. This means I'll be taking extra care to strip it light as possible as one of the 'equalizers' for a Spec car in Cup is running at 2500. I'd like to make that weight and then ballast it up if we can get to SE Region in Atlanta say or KC. The early chassis should help with weight. And it's not impossible that enough Spec spec cars turn up in Mid Atlantic to just run together for fun.

Plan on using a Hanksville cage. Saw all the Spec installs looked good and conversation (email) with Hanksville was very professional and encouraging. In fact the big move on the build so far was to run 50amp 230 into the garage and got a new Miller 211 to plug in.

Gotta snag a driveshaft - this one was reputed to be noisy when last it ran. And a trans. And a motor - missing some of the more basic parts hey?!
'JB'

Re:Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 11 months ago #7683

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
944Racer72 wrote:
That's not the 88 that I sold to some fellow Cup regulars a while back is it? Same color scheme.

Nope. 83 completely bare of accessories as per above!

The backstory is when new it belonged to an NBA player. Hey, in 83 it was a pricey car if not a pricey Porsche. Had red leather interior and dyed the seats. One of the fellows took the seats - good luck with the mold.

DSC_0263.NEF.jpg
'JB'
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by JB3.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds