Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Another new build is begun ...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Another new build is begun ...

Re: Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 5 months ago #9167

How cool is that!

Where did you source the rotisserie from?

I think you'll find the cage to be so well done & easy to install, that you'll be ready for the 2011 season!

We'll have some good fields at some of the Mid-Ohio events & Nationals next year if you do get ambitious, finish the build, and want to come play next year.

I got my 85.5 chassis down to 2304 w/o gas in it. No fancy dips, etc., just being fairly fussy with the little things. I did not remove the rubber undercoating, either. So 2,500 should be doable if your fussy, and keep the driver to a reasonable weight!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 5 months ago #9169

• jh36
  • Comp School
The system is from Accessible Systems and is their “bottom’s up” unit. So far, we are very pleased with it. It is made solidly and accurately. It balances the car very nicely and does everything it should without drama. Also, the castors are high quality and it moves around the shop with ease when fully loaded.
We are looking forward to getting out with SPEC soon and joining your world. In the meantime, I will be running our little carbureted 924 in NASA Mid Atlantic GTS1 this season.
Jack
Jack Higginbotham

Re: Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 5 months ago #9171

Jack, are you going to share the car with John, or build your own as well?
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 5 months ago #9172

• jh36
  • Comp School
HI Eric,
I'll be sharing with John. I've run 944's for about 8 years now inside the 944 Cup. Sold my 944 last year. The 924 has been a long project, first for John and then for the past couple of years for me and my son.
Down the road, it wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of more Higginbotham SPEC cars materialize as my 19 yo is going for his comp in Feb and my 14 yo is chomping at the bit!
Jack
Jack Higginbotham

Re: Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 5 months ago #9173

We have some fast young guys out west, like Tyler Palmer (started at 14 or 15) - sounds like fun. Sounds like you guys might have the core of a 944 Spec group out there.

I look forward to the build - keep posting pictures.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Another new build is begun ... 13 years, 5 months ago #9177

It's a 944 Cup reunion in the Spec world! Jack is a class act and a great guy all around.

Jack and I used to run door to door at most races in Cup. Welcome to the dark side.

You are going to love Spec racing. I'm glad to see it starting to get a following on the East coast.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds