Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Racing Seat Preference
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Racing Seat Preference

Re: Racing Seat Preference 13 years, 5 months ago #9047

It's funny; I can make great fitting mail-order cages for these cars, but there are too many variables in the floors for me to make a mail-order seat mount kit.

I'm sorry; I don't know any fabricators in that area. I'm sure one of the local racers can direct you to a good shop.
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re: Racing Seat Preference 13 years, 5 months ago #9051

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
For a top-level prep shop in Ft. Worth, try MER:

www.motorsportenterprisesracing.com/inde...;id=17&Itemid=37

If they can't do the work on a 944 (they're primarily a Mazda-focused group), they'd be able to recommend someone.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by GaryM05.

Re: Racing Seat Preference 13 years, 5 months ago #9060

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.

Mr. Jim Foxx,

I'd like to know the seat model and accessories you have from Butler, I'm 90% certain I'm going to order one of their seats and I'd like to know your setup when you get a chance.

Thanks
Ryan
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by B1BFlyer.

Re: Racing Seat Preference 13 years, 5 months ago #9068

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Ryan, my phone numbers are:
Home 760.202.8558
Cell 208.818.8620

Feel free to call me. I will look for my paperwork on the seat. The seat I purchased comes in a variety of different sizes. You take your measurements and send them to Butler and they match that to one that is closest to your measurements. There are a variety of accessories you may want that I can also share with you as well as how I mounted it.

I purchased the 25 degree lay back, rather than the 10 degree one as it gave me more mounting latitude and provided much more head room for my helmet, which was very important to me. A side benefit is that it gives me a low rider look in the car.

You will want/need a quick disconnect for your steering wheel however. To make sure I had lots of room to get out of the car window, I even added some spacers to the pedals to move the seat farther back too.

If you decide to go with this type of seat, I will be happy to assist with all the little things I learned. I put mine in three times to get what I wanted and can, perhaps, save you some effort.

These seats are the BEST with keeping you safe, in my opinion. The other part is a great harness. When it is time to get a new one, I strongly suggest a six or seven point one and Team Tec makes the best one I have ever seen so I bought it. They can re-web it when it times out for less than the cost of a new one and are great to work with.

Good luck with getting your car up to the place you want it.

Jim "Big Dog" Foxx
Jim Foxx

Re: Racing Seat Preference 13 years, 5 months ago #9090

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
Thanks Jim,

I'm still in Germany so calling isn't the easiest thing to do. That being said, if you don't mind a call during the late morning or mid day, then I'll give that a shot. Or you can email me with your seat setup as well. Either way works for me and I appreciate the help. It's for this very reason I chose to buy a Spec 944 car over an E30.

Ryan
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.

Re: Racing Seat Preference 13 years, 5 months ago #9103

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I understand the problem of calling. I will get the info and post it here for all that are interested.

Jim
Jim Foxx
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds