Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cheap Lexan Windshields!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Cheap Lexan Windshields!

Cheap Lexan Windshields! 14 years, 3 months ago #6692

Guys, I have found a place that is selling take-off Lexan windsheilds from Nascar's "Car of Tomorrow." The are run for one race, and replaced. They measure 60" by 29". I should have measured first, but I think our windshields are smaller, and we can cut to fit, so I bought 3, for $75 +$32 shipping (not each, total). They are 1/4" thick. I'll let you guys know how this works out. The website is www.racingmetal.com. They do not advertise the windsheilds, but said they have many more. This might be a very cheap way to get a Lexan windshield!

I need a windshield for the car in build, so I'll put my current glass one in that car, and try the Lexan in my current car.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Cheap Lexan Windshields! 14 years, 3 months ago #6693

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Nice thinking! Let us know how it works out.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Cheap Lexan Windshields! 14 years, 3 months ago #6694

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Yes. Please let us know. I will need a new windshield for this season/next race. It's so bad I won't even try to get by for another weekend!

Re:Cheap Lexan Windshields! 14 years, 3 months ago #6695

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
how the heck did you find these?

For that price, I'd even be able to live with the fact that it might have come out of Dale Jr's car.

I was hoping they had some bent A.J. Allmendinger metal so I could get some #44 stuff, but I guess he doesn't wreck enough.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Cheap Lexan Windshields! 14 years, 3 months ago #6696

Another racer found a reference on the SCCA forums. The "racer network" at work again. I just ordered today, so I'm not sure how long it will take. I'll keep you guys posted.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Cheap Lexan Windshields! 14 years, 3 months ago #6698

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
there is s similar type site for rally car stuff. Too bad there wasn't a professional 944 race series we could get parts from!
Thanks Doc.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds