Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rule change decisions/rationale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rule change decisions/rationale

Rule change decisions/rationale 13 years, 5 months ago #8786

As posted on the individual threads, the series directors have reached a decision not to pursue compulsory data sharing, or dyno limits for 2011.

Several reasons for this:
1. The clear preference of a large majority of 944 Spec drivers nationally at this time.
2. Lack of clear & consistent data to support the need for what is a major change in rules enforcement.
3. Questionable effectiveness of the proposed limit to adequately address the concerns of those drivers with lower HP cars (i.e. satisfy those who wish to compete on a national level with junkyard motors).

This may be revisited in future years, if developments & monitoring show a more clear issue, and/or data acquisition becomes significantly more accurate & reliable.

I would like to thank the drivers for their input on these issues - it has made a difference!

Let's keep things constructive & clear in further discussions on this. If you have concerns, tell me your solution & rationale. . Lets move forward!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Sterling Doc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Dog

Re: Rule change decisions/rationale 13 years, 5 months ago #8808

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Well, hopefully this isn't the end of the debate but rather an opportunity to find another solution that will bring our class closer to the values of our mantra, "Low Cost, Equal Racing." I just hope, in the future, it can be done in a more reasonable manner rather than letting those who actually post on this site and yell the loudest make the decisions. Remember, a vast majority of our group doesn't post here but their voice is just as important as those who podium at nationals.
Sterling Doc wrote:

Several reasons for this:
1. The clear preference of a large majority of 944 Spec drivers nationally at this time.

The 30 RM cars weren't part of this preference?

Chris - low cost advocate

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re: Rule change decisions/rationale 13 years, 5 months ago #8810

Chris wrote:
The 30 RM cars weren't part of this preference?

Chris - low cost advocate

Yes, they were the minority part.

Eric - practical low cost advocate
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rule change decisions/rationale 13 years, 5 months ago #8811

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
I'll say it again...

Ugh, Fine.

Some of us don't like the idea of Johnny Warbucks spending a grip of cash to get that extra wee bit of HP out of their legal motor. It's unappealing to us Low Budget guys. Some of us wanted the HP limit rule to stop high dollar outragous buids. Some of us wanted to keep it LOW COST, EQUAL RACING. But others, who MAY or MAY NOT even be in 944SPEC next year had a bigger voice, and a bigger budget.

I guess you guys will have your 944SPEC EQUAL RACING (R.I.P. LOW COST).
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director

Re: Rule change decisions/rationale 13 years, 5 months ago #8813

This was not a simple decision, nor was it taken lightly by the series directors. It is also not the good vs. evil debate that it's been painted to be. We have hashed this all out ad nauseum.

It is time to move on.

Feel free to email me if you'd like to talk through this further - eric dot kuhns @gmail dot com. I'd also be happy to call you on my dime.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Sterling Doc.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds