Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Driven- the New Atlanta Motorsports Park
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Driven- the New Atlanta Motorsports Park

Driven- the New Atlanta Motorsports Park 11 years, 7 months ago #13701

For those of you who haven't heard, there is a brand new track in the Southeast, not far from Road Atlanta- Atlanta Motorsports Park (AMP).

NASA-SE had to cancel the upcoming race there so as a public service to the 944 community Mike, Duff, Chris and I drove it with Hooked on Driving last weekend so we could let everyone know what it was like.

The track is incredibly fun for 944's- it has more elevation changes than Road Atlanta, there is only one short straightaway, the rest of the 2 mile track is a combination of on-camber, off-camber, uphill, downhill, and blind corners.

Almost every turn you are either getting compressed or feel like you are floating, when you hit the front straight you have about a second and a half to check your gauges before you reach turn one and do it all over again. It is a true momentum car track.

A group called Hooked On Driving put on the event- it was the first time we had ever driven with them and they put on a great weekend. Tons of track time, well organized, and the food was great. They also allow solo drivers to take out passengers- they are a great group to run with, I wouldn't hesitate recommend them to anyone looking for DE track time.

FYI, AMP has a sound limit due to county restrictions- 98dB, and they will black flag you if you are over it. This was one of the main concerns that led NASA-SE to cancel the race there and has kept a lot of other racers away.

We had our cars checked before we went out (they will do it for free at the track if you ask) and a low compression engine 944 with a 2.5 inch exhaust with no cat and cheap magnaflow muffler measured in the mid 80's at full throttle. Mike can chime in with his exact set up but he was in the low 90's with 3 inch piping.

We were all well within the sound limits, and baffles were available for sale or rent to anyone who wasn't so don't let worrying about the limits keep you away- this is a great new track, you will not be disappointed .
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: Driven- the New Atlanta Motorsports Park 11 years, 7 months ago #13702

I can't begin to tell you how much fun this track is for our 944's. My 3" Lindsey was legal at about 93db. As Brian said the Hooked on Driving bunch really knows how to put on a driving event and I will be back again.I have pictures on the way.
Michael Dearstyne
NASA-SE 944Spec "Commander" Retired
2012 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion
2013 NASA-SE 944Spec Champion
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds