Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944-Spec Parting Party: PARToberfest at the Shack
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944-Spec Parting Party: PARToberfest at the Shack

944-Spec Parting Party: PARToberfest at the Shack 11 years, 6 months ago #13956

It’s time for another parting party- this time we will be stripping an 84 automatic Mike and I picked up in a trade. The interior looks like it was reupholstered in a 7th grade home ec class and most of the paint is gone but the body is straight and it is mechanically complete.

We will start at 9:00 on Sunday, October 21 (the day after the Petit Le Mans) and finish around 4:00.

The shack/shop is about 40 minutes from Road Atlanta, anyone in town for the race is welcome to stop by to eat, wrench, BS, whatever. We will be grilling burgers and brats for lunch and will have plenty of beer and drinks.

As always, no mechanical aptitude or tools are required and you can stop by and leave whenever you want.

The agenda for the day includes tearing down/inspecting the engine and possibly rebuilding the lower end if we have time, removing the bodywork, pulling the suspension and drivetrain then sending off the hulk to the recyclers.

If anyone needs a particular part for their car let me know ASAP- some of the AC, the turn signal switch and rear wiper have been spoken for.

Let me know if you are planning on coming so I can get a head count for lunch- hope to see everyone there!

PM me for the address.

Brian
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: 944-Spec Parting Party: PARToberfest at the Shack 11 years, 6 months ago #13963

Sounds like a good time! Nothing better than wrenching on some fine German engineering!!

Count me in - Thanks for the invite!

Re: 944-Spec Parting Party: PARToberfest at the Shack 11 years, 6 months ago #13968

Rabbithead wrote:
Sounds like a good time! Nothing better than wrenching on some fine German engineering!!

Count me in - Thanks for the invite!

Looking forward to it, Barry- now when is your car going to make an appearance at the shack ?

BTW, I have a Chicken Shack t-shirt for you too-
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by Brian Evans.

Re: 944-Spec Parting Party: PARToberfest at the Shack 11 years, 6 months ago #13971

Fantastic!
Hopefully I'm able to get my 944 aligned and bring it over for the party. If not, I'll have it at Road Atlanta for the December event!
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds