Username Password: Remember me

New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of

New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of 13 years, 5 months ago #8967

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
Hey all, I wanted to say hello as a new guy with a 924s in Texas.

Unfortunately being stationed in Germany for the past two years means I've had zero opportunity to work through HPDE and get a comp license so I'll be doing that before I can run with all of you. I don't even get back to Texas until January, so I'll be struggling to make it to the first event but I hope to show up with my Impreza. I did live in TX for a year in 05, but I should be back now for at least 3.

I'll be looking forward to the events and meeting you at the track!

Regards,
Ryan
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by B1BFlyer.

Re: New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of 13 years, 5 months ago #8972

Hi, Ryan. Welcome! The B1B is my all-time favorite plane. My Dad worked on them when they were in production, and my brother-in-law worked on one of the retrofit programs.

I'll be helping with scrutineering in Texas in '11, so I'll look forward to seeing you at an event.

Hank
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re: New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of 13 years, 5 months ago #8973

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
Thanks Hank,

I'm back to flying after over two years of desk duty so I'll be glad to get back in the jet for sure. I bought Chuck Taylor's old #24 car via Mitch Austin out in NM, so it already has one of your cages in it, and after a windshield and harness/seat I'll be set to go with the car.

My first few HPDE sessions will have to be done in my Impreza, but I've autocrossed that for several years and it's well maintained. After driving the Nurburgring, I'm not satisfied with cones in parking lots, so I'm really looking forward to getting into road racing.

In addition to TX, I'm going to try to participate in RM region events when able simply because I'm lacking the track time and I want to progress through HPDE and driving school without cutting corners. 2011 will likely be the only year I won't deploy, and the first half of 2012 will end up with me in the desert, so I'm definitely motivated.

Thanks for the welcome,
Ryan
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Re: New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of 13 years, 5 months ago #8976

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
Awesome Ryan! The Mitch/Chuck #24 car is nice... you got a great deal! We look forward to seeing you up in the RM region!
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director

Re: New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of 13 years, 5 months ago #8979

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
B1BFlyer wrote:
Hey all, I wanted to say hello as a new guy with a 944 in Texas.

Unfortunately being stationed in Germany for the past two years means I've had zero opportunity to work through HPDE and get a comp license so I'll be doing that before I can run with all of you. I don't even get back to Texas until January

Ryan, where in Texas are you going to be? Dyess? I am retired AF and in the DFW area, flew on recce jets. I am hoping to get the car up and running...and get all of my tickets punched as well. Have had SCCA and COMMA licences, so hopefully wont be too difficult.
Welcome back stateside.
Curt
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks

Re: New to NASA, 944, and Texas...Sort of 13 years, 5 months ago #8980

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
Hey Curt, I'll be at Dyess in January. I'm still owned by the Active Duty AF for the next few years but a flying assignment is never a bad deal.

Unfortunately I don't have the SCCA experience that you do, so I'll be starting from square 1. My car is much more ready to race than I am!

Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by B1BFlyer.
  • Page:
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds